HELP! Applying to Caribbean Medical school (AISM)...help

Started by DavisMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙂 Appreciate it. May i ask what school you're currently attendin?

I'm at a DO school, LECOM in Erie, PA. It was the least expensive (~30-35k tuition), close to home (Pittsburgh), and has a 3 year option for people who make a commitment to go into primary care. I also know a couple dozen physicians who went to school here and all of them are people who I'd be happy to have take care of me or someone I love.

If you want help figuring out a game plan to get into a school that will actually help you become the doctor you want to be, hit me up. In thread, or PM, whatevs. Understand that I am a med student, so my responses might be a little slow, but I consider it a public service to help you avoid having your life ruined at an off shore school.
 
Hi I'm planning to apply to med school in the Caribbean. I cant afford the big 4. So I'm considering American International School of Medicine in Guyana.

I have done some research and found that quite a few of their grads have obtained residencies even in things like surgery and their grads are eligible for certification in UK.

However I would like to actually hear from anyone who has had contact with the school. Can you provide any details or advice about the school? Is it a good option? Would i have problems getting residency?

If its important I intend to pursue a combined residency program in pediatrics and clinical genetics or OBGYN and clinical genetics.
Hi I’m a student at this medical school and I have had no issues with this school. The red flags that have been posted are not consistent with what this school offers. There are many students who have graduated and are now in residency. I don’t understand why people write these false reviews every Medical School has its problems, but I would definitely say do your own research. Talk to the faculty members or even go and visit the medical school yourself find out what the Medical School is really about. I’ve had nothing but good experience at this Medical School and soon I will be graduating with the MD degree that is a credited worldwide , they treat you on an individual basis. A lot of medical students that have joined this school may have come from other medical schools and they help you to achieve your goal where I feel many other medical universities are able to do give this Medical School a chance do apply.
 
Hi I’m a student at this medical school and I have had no issues with this school. The red flags that have been posted are not consistent with what this school offers. There are many students who have graduated and are now in residency. I don’t understand why people write these false reviews every Medical School has its problems, but I would definitely say do your own research. Talk to the faculty members or even go and visit the medical school yourself find out what the Medical School is really about. I’ve had nothing but good experience at this Medical School and soon I will be graduating with the MD degree that is a credited worldwide , they treat you on an individual basis. A lot of medical students that have joined this school may have come from other medical schools and they help you to achieve your goal where I feel many other medical universities are able to do give this Medical School a chance do apply.
This discussion thread is several years old, closing to further comment
 
Status
Not open for further replies.