Forum Members Help beta-test a new SDN tool and get an Amazon gift card!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nebula007

Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have been working on developing an iPhone app for pre-med students which provides a step by step timeline of the courses, activities, and submission requirements for medical school. We are always trying to make the best free or at-cost tools for our community and part of that process requires your input! We are offering $10 Amazon gift cards for your testing and feedback on this new app. If you are interested, please reply below or PM me and I will PM you instructions to get set up.

Some more info on why we are making this tool -

This application stems from our mission to improve the accessibility of medical school for those students who are underrepresented, from underserved areas, or socioeconomically disadvantaged. We want to level the playing field by providing these students with high-quality resources, coaching, mentorship, and assistance throughout their undergraduate years. This is the first iteration of an app we hope to continue to expand on to fulfill this mission.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
This looks like a fantastic idea. Will this eventually be ported to the Android platform? I humbly submit the idea that devices running the Android OS -- at the lower cost end -- have a much lower barrier to entry compared to iOS devices and would thus be more prevalent in students from poor and SES disadvantaged backgrounds.

Best of luck with the current beta test.

Reactions: 3 users
This looks like a fantastic idea. Will this eventually be ported to the Android platform? I humbly submit the idea that devices running the Android OS -- at the lower cost end -- have a much lower barrier to entry compared to iOS devices and would thus be more prevalent in students from poor and SES disadvantaged backgrounds.

Thank you so much and I totally agree! We haven't tested it on Android yet but we have been able to export a version for use on the platform. Hopefully, in the next week, we will have a stable version to beta test for Androids. Do you have an Android device you could test on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much and I totally agree! We haven't tested it on Android yet but we have been able to export a version for use on the platform. Hopefully, in the next week, we will have a stable version to beta test for Androids. Do you have an Android device you could test on?
I do -- a Google Pixel _ so more of the standardized Android albeit high-end -- and would be happy to help beta test in the coming weeks or months whenever it is available. I have a somewhat technical background so would be able to offer feedback from both a user's perspective e.g. a pre-med student as well as hopefully provide enough detail that developers can easily replicate bugs and fix them. I may also get an Apple iOS device later this year depending on Apple's supply chain and releases.

Good luck! This app may be a good adjunct to the portfolio of services SDN already offers.

I would be happy to test once Android is up and running. I have a Galaxy S9+

Reactions: 1 users
I am very interested. However, I also have an android, a Galaxy S9. I am happy to help in any way I can!

Reactions: 1 user
Sign me up!

Hi @pizzadog , 1.0.0 for Android was put on the Play Store on 4/19 and taken down almost immediately after I had downloaded it (I assume coincidence).

Is there an ETA on when it will be available again for beta testing? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Stroganoff I ran into some issues with the content of the initial release. I am working on testing it to make sure it is fixed and will let you know! Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the delay.

Thanks everyone for your patience. We have fixed some of the errors and are ready again for testing! We have public Android and IOS versions available for testing.

Android Version
: Pre-Med Planner - Apps on Google Play
IOS: Join the Pre-Med Planner beta

If you could answer the following questions after using the app and PM me the answers, we would really appreciate it and I will send you the Amazon code! Thanks again for your help.

1. Are you a pre-medical student, medical student, resident, attending, or other?

2. Would you use or have used this app?

3. Did you run into any issues with the app?

4. What suggestions do you have to make the app better? Anything you would change, remove, or enhance?

5. Are you using Android or IOS?

We have been working on developing an iPhone app for pre-med students which provides a step by step timeline of the courses, activities, and submission requirements for medical school. We are always trying to make the best free or at-cost tools for our community and part of that process requires your input! We are offering $10 Amazon gift cards for your testing and feedback on this new app. If you are interested, please reply below or PM me and I will PM you instructions to get set up.

Some more info on why we are making this tool -

This application stems from our mission to improve the accessibility of medical school for those students who are underrepresented, from underserved areas, or socioeconomically disadvantaged. We want to level the playing field by providing these students with high-quality resources, coaching, mentorship, and assistance throughout their undergraduate years. This is the first iteration of an app we hope to continue to expand on to fulfill this mission.
If you make an android one I'd love to test it out for free. I love all that you guys do here for us on SDN.

We are still recruiting testers for a $10 Amazon gift card! Please send me a PM if you are interested.