• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

General Admissions & OTCAS Help! C- in undergrad thesis course

casseve2111

7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2014
Hi everyone,
It has been a dream of mine for to be an OT for the past three years.
I recently finished my undergrad in June, and I received straight A's through my entire program (two years--I was a transfer student), with the exception of one B and a C- in my final thesis course !

My question is: Do you think the C- in my thesis class is going to ruin my chances at getting in to OT school? I'm afraid it will look like I'm a terrible researcher or can't handle grad school level work.

The truth is, the school I went to for undergrad was a quarter system school. SO, I had only 3 months to carry out a research project composing of 8-10 interviews.
Keep in mind, my research topic was quite controversial, so no one really wanted to participate to begin with. And on top of that, I had never done a research project before. I was not aware of all the paperwork and hoops I needed to jump through in order to even begin my data collection.
I ended up with only 3 interviews, and wrote a pretty good paper. But due to lack of data, my teacher gave me a C-.

Do you think this will turn away schools? If all of my stats are somewhat high and looking strong, do you think I will still have a chance?

proapplicant

2+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2016
as long as the C- isn't for one of the pre-reqs, I think you'll be ok. I had a D in an upper level calc class I never went to (technically, I did re-take it but the D is still there on my record)... anyway, still got in/went on a bunch of interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.