Help: Canadian Fellowships for IMG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

!PsyChirurgus!

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I would like to know if an IMG (Non Canadian/Non-US graduate) can do a one year fellowship program in Canada?

If so, would I need USMLE scores, be 'board certified', etc.?😕

I know that it will be extremely hard for an IMG to land on a fellowship as it can be quite competitive but at least I want to know the procedure on how it works. Thanks for any information shared. Please reply back.
 
Hmm I'm guessing that we can't afford to give out these type of information as it's already competitive enough to get into one for local applicants alone. :\
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I'm not sure about the exact requirements but my guess is you have to have a license in the province where you want to do the fellowship, which means you need to write the canadian board exams.

Why don't you contact the fellowship program of interest to you and ask the person in charge what the requirements are?
 
I agree, contact the program. They'll let you know what if any exams you'd need (ie whether they'll recognize your country's licensing exams for the purposes of a training license, which they might even if Canada wouldn't recognize them for a full practice license).