HELP!!! Cancelling/No Show-up on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buccal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm scheduled to take the DAT on tuesday, but I'm not ready at all. I should have rescheduled but it's too late now. I can't cancel or reschedule so the other option is to NOT show up for the exam. Several questions on this.

1)Will there be a record saying that I didn't show up for the exam?
2)Will the schools know?
3)Do I have to wait 3 months for the next test? If not, should I fill out the DAT electronic application tomorrow and hopefully get approved by on Tuesday?

Members don't see this ad.

are you sure you can't cancel or reschedule? I think you can, you just have to pay a fee. If not, I would not suggest just bailing on the test, there could be some serious consequences.

hmm im pretty sure you could reschedule the day before, but it will be a BIG fee. if not, i'd bail too. i'd pay the money if u have it. stay on top of things asap! :) good luck

I'd call up prometric ASAP, and talk to them, you can figure it out from there, I'm sure you could probably cancel, just like everyone says there probably will be a huge fee like 50 dollars or something. Gluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
arghhhhhh
this is frustrating.
should I call ADA or prometric first thing in the morning?

anyone had same experience??????????????????
would they let you reschedule within 48 hours before exam???

Last edited:
I'm scheduled to take the DAT on tuesday, but I'm not ready at all. I should have rescheduled but it's too late now. I can't cancel or reschedule so the other option is to NOT show up for the exam. Several questions on this.

1)Will there be a record saying that I didn't show up for the exam?
2)Will the schools know?
3)Do I have to wait 3 months for the next test? If not, should I fill out the DAT electronic application tomorrow and hopefully get approved by on Tuesday?

you can cancel or rescedule right now, I did last year, just you have to pay a fee.
you don't need three months.
good luck

im stuck in the same situation.. did you end up taking the test? or did they let you reschedule it? Im schedule for the 22 but I didn't know you can't reschedule over the weekend online.. I'm totally scrwed!

im stuck in the same situation.. did you end up taking the test? or did they let you reschedule it? Im schedule for the 22 but I didn't know you can't reschedule over the weekend online.. I'm totally scrwed!

take it on the 22nd with me we can do it! haha

You can reschedule if you call 48 hours before your scheduled time for a $25 fee.

If you don't do it now, then you can cancel it Monday and lose all your money.

DO IT NOW!!!

Oh, wait.. this is old haha.

For anyone in the same situation, this is how it turned out to be.

So I called ADA on Monday (14th), asked them what to do. They told me to send them a cancellation letter by fax. I did that right away. Also I submitted a new online application. They told me that they must verify that I did not show up for the exam (15th). On Wednesday (16th) I called them again and asked when I could get the new eligibility number. They said it takes about a day or two for the information to get updated from Prometric. On Thursday (17th) morning, I got the eligibility email and then scheduled in the afternoon for a new date. Luckily there was a spot on the day I wanted. Overall, I wasted $190:(.

If you are thinking of rescheduling, do it 2 business days before!!!

Also, they told me that there aren't any records left in the system showing that I cancelled. The schools won't know this too. The entire old application gets forfeited.