Sep 28, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I am a URM with a cGPA of a 3.39 GPA and a sGPA of 3.1. I have not taken my MCAT yet.

I have been accepted to
1. Boston University School of Medicine MAMS Program
2. Georgetown MS in Physiology (regular)
3. PCOM MS in Biomedical Sciences
4. JHU MHS in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology

These are all really great programs and I'm very grateful to have been accepted to each one, but I'm having difficulty choosing which school I should attend. I'm leaning towards the MD pathway, so the likelihood of me attending PCOM is low. The BU and Georgetown program are more traditional SMPs and would be great a choice. The program at JHU is in their School of Public Health and not their medical school, and they don't have a pre-medical advisor. But the curriculum includes Immunology, Biochemistry, Fundamentals of Human Physiology, Introduction to Biomedical Sciences, etc and might still carry the same weight as the other two programs because of the similar course options. Also the name and reputation that JHU holds might also play well in my favor.

DocJanItor

2+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
BU or Georgetown are your best choices because you always want to go with schools that have linkages.

About the Ads

bngli

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Georgetown and BU are the only one of the list I've heard of before and I spent a little while looking into a few SMPs when I was applying. Of the two, I think Georgetown was way better.

Sep 28, 2020
Hi! Thank you for responding to my post! I appreciate all the advice. These programs all cost around the same in tuition and Georgetown does not have a formal linkage program. On their website, BU states that about 20-30 of MAMS students are accepted to BUSM and that their students receive facilitated consideration for admission.

DocJanItor

2+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Georgetown doesn't have a "formal" linkage but they interview 60-70 SMPs every year and ~30 SMP students get into the med school.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.