Help concerning retake Ochem Lab/ missing prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big Tall Doctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all I thank you for your time and consideration.
I hope everyone is continuing to be safe during these ever trying times. The meat and potatoes is this, my undergrad utilized the quarter system for its academic sessions and I thus took 3 quarters worth (1 semester year) of organic chemistry totalling 8 semester hours. Going through that year, I unfortunately got a C- in the 1 unit ochem 2 lab ( my school split 4 unit lab+ lecture into 3 unit lecture and 1 unit lab). The problem being that I am short 2/3 of a semester unit of organic chemistry for schools that require a full year. While I have had 2 interviews to schools that do not require a full year of OCHEM (biochemistry may be substituted), I am still entertaining the potential of further interview invites which would require me to meet that 1 year requirement come june. 1st option: enroll in "introductory" organic chemistry 1 unit lab at a semester school. (it is currently wait listed but its online so I don't really see why they couldn't add more seats). 2nd option: wait for an interview from the schools that require 1 year and then beg for them to overlook the missing 2/3 of a unit. 3rd option: take an "advanced" organic chem 3 unit lab that I could for sure get into. I haven't taken ochem in 5 years so I am a little hesitant of the third option. Also is it even possible to simply "add ochem units" or do i have to repeat my ochem 2 lab with a similar course. I appreciate all of you and I wish everyone the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user