Help crafting school list please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

secondtimesacharm?

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[removed]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
3.7/33 in Fl usually leads to an acceptance. When it doesnt often the interview is often a not so insignificant part of why.

Where all are you a re applicant at(can you put a * next to it) and did you get IIs last cycle?

The question of "why medicine" and passion for medicine is always going to be relevant for those who work 60+ hours in finance or do so during their gap year. You do seem to be gaining some clinical experience volunteering in the hospital now, did you have this before your last app cycle? In particular when the question of "why medicine" is of focus, significant prior experience with clinical exposure and service with the less fortunate populations becomes very important. If you didnt have much of these when you applied last cycle and there were still questions about "why medicine" for you and your passion towards it when working 60+ hours in finance, that can be one factor explaining the lack of success.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
3.7/33 in Fl usually leads to an acceptance. When it doesnt often the interview is often a not so insignificant part of why.

Where all are you a re applicant at(can you put a * next to it) and did you get IIs last cycle?

The question of "why medicine" and passion for medicine is always going to be relevant for those who work 60+ hours in finance or do so during their gap year. You do seem to be gaining some clinical experience volunteering in the hospital now, did you have this before your last app cycle? In particular when the question of "why medicine" is of focus, significant prior experience with clinical exposure and service with the less fortunate populations becomes very important. If you didnt have much of these when you applied last cycle and there were still questions about "why medicine" for you and your passion towards it when working 60+ hours in finance, that can be one factor explaining the lack of success.

Thank you for your comments. This is definitely a question that came up during interviews the past cycle. I am not too worried about the question because I am able to elaborate during interviews. It gives me the opportunity to show my different view on career paths and what demonstrates dedication to me. Nevertheless, I understand that this is a clearly visible shortcoming in my application...

I interviewed at 4 schools (applied to 13 - too few I know) - currently waitlisted at 2 of them. I have edited to show where I previously applied.

Last edited:
You could add schools such as:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical
Albany
Drexel
Temple
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you Faha. I thought about a few of those but wasn't sure because of their low yield nature. I'll look into it more, thanks!