help Dartmouth secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

X

I have been sitting on the Dartmouth secondary since Thursday (well not literally).
I have typed up all of it except for the "tell us something about yourself that is not on the rest of your application." I can't think of one thing to say to them. The Personal statement and the activities section covered everything.
What are other people writing? I really need to send this in, would have posted earlier, but SDN account had something wrong and wouldn't let me post.

Thanks

X:)

Members don't see this ad.

haha, i've been doing the exact same thing as you are. got it a week ago and i'm still on that stupid question. i'm currently (after 3 complete revisions) writing about my leadership roles, which i didn't mention in my PS.

There was a similar post about a week ago. Last year I wrote about what I liked about Dartmouth and Hanover (specifically and unique to DMS), and how I would fit the program and area. Check out the admissions web site. It seemed to work for me - I'll be attending this fall. By the way, it is a good thing to call the admissions office periodically to ask about your status and what you can do to improve your chances. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
C'mon, there must be something you can tell them about yourself that's not on your application! What are you reading now? Why specifically do you want to attend Dartmouth? What type of medicine do you want to practice and why? What do you do for fun? What do you think about health care policy issues? What do you think is the most important quality in a physician? I would tend to write about something not related to medicine. I think adcoms want to know that you have a life outside of trying to get into medschool.

if it asks you to tell them something about yourself, i wouldn't take that opportunity to talk about why you like dartmouth.
that isn't really answering the question, though i suppose you could incorporate that somehow in your answer.

there must be something about yourself that you'd like the admission committee to know...
is there a special activity? a special experience?