HELP!! DAT in 3 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruin432

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have been studying the last two months pretty intensely, but I am taking the test in 3 weeks from Monday and I dont know what else to do? Just practice problems? Memorize my notecards? Memorize my outlines!? Any ideas of how to best utilize my remaining time??? I have done like 6 practice tests, but saving the last few to do over the next few weeks....but WHAT ELSE. I am serisouly freaking out. any help would be amazing :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

You are done studying...2 months of how many hours a day?

So, I have been studying the last two months pretty intensely, but I am taking the test in 3 weeks from Monday and I dont know what else to do? Just practice problems? Memorize my notecards? Memorize my outlines!? Any ideas of how to best utilize my remaining time??? I have done like 6 practice tests, but saving the last few to do over the next few weeks....but WHAT ELSE. I am serisouly freaking out. any help would be amazing :oops:

target your weak areas based on what questions you get wrong or what you struggle with on the practice tests. people generally drift towards studying what they are comfortable with rather than the areas that they are weak in, but forcing yourself to focus on the trouble spots is key.

if you haven't bought topscore pro cd rom...then do that! I seriously had some identical questions on my exam. Also, what helped me best was taking full length practice tests. try to do 1 a day....after you do it take a break and then go back and go over the questions you missed.....It worked for me. Also I ended up doing way better on the actual DAT than I ever did on the practice exams...possibly because of adrenaline. Good luck! I'm sure you will do fine if you have been hitting it hard for 2 months!

Members don't see this ad :)
in the last few weeks, just do as many practice exams as possible and go over the weak points/errors you are making. practice will get your timing down and improve your stamina, not to mention will prove just how much you have learned and what areas you are weak at. At the same time, reread all the texts you have been using just to refresh your memory. you will do fine :thumbup:

I have beens studying like 4-6 hours a day, depending on the day. I am just really overwhelemed. But you guys are awesome. thanks for the responses :) will take the advice