Jul 14, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
hey y'all, I have a question regarding if this would be considered an academic or non-academic award?

So, I was part of PLUS (peer-led undergraduate studying) which is a university leadership activity for helping students learn course material in varying classes. I was a facilitator for a class that I was taking (bchem), and I met with the professor weekly and planned workshops catered to for every module. Weekly, I would hold group study sessions and help my peers learn the course material. After a semester, I was voted by my peers for the PLUS Award of Excellence.

It may seem obvious that this would be considered academic, but I wanted to know if it would be acceptable to put it under Non-academic since the position was extra-curricular and more of a leadership award and NOT an award for academic accomplishments.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.