1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Help!! Did I just commit to a school without meaning to?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by liger, Nov 27, 2005.

1. liger

liger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone. I have been lucky enough to be accepted to three schools. I love each of the schools, but because I have a significant other, I'm not sure which location would be best. I sent in a check for each of the schools thinking I could hold my place at each school and then decide what school to attend based on where my sig. other finds a job. I just received a letter from one of the schools however that reads "we are happy with you response indicating your commitment to enter ___ in the fall of '06. We look forward to having you at ____." Did I just commit to this school for good? :eek: I thought the rule was that you could hold places at any number of schools until may 15th. then come may 15th you have to commit to only one of the schools. Did I pick a school and commit to it without meaning to? Yikes! Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No you didn't commit for good (unless it is Early Decision) but depending on the schools policy you might not get the money back.

4. Rendar5

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    probably not.

5. LolaLee

LolaLee Member
    5+ Year Member

i'm pretty sure that you didn't commit either, but it is weird that they would use that language. anyone else know why they would use that language? i am holding spots at two schools and would like to know the answer to liger's question.

6. LolaLee

LolaLee Member
    5+ Year Member

i'm pretty sure that you didn't commit either, but it is weird that they would use that language. anyone else know why they would use that language? i am holding spots at two schools and would like to know the answer to liger's question.

7. Overeducated

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Actually, based on my experience thus far, most schools use language like that. "We look forward to seeing you next fall," and "We will count this money toward your tution," etc. It doesn't mean anything so don't freak out about it. You're not comitted anywhere until May 15.

8. Re-Evolution

Re-Evolution Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got an acceptance packet, but it didn't mention anything about an $100 deposit, just a sheet that has 2 boxes: accept or withdraw...should I call and ask?

9. LolaLee

LolaLee Member
    5+ Year Member

Some schools require a deposit and others don't, so I wouldn't worry. I think you just have to check the box in that case. If you're worried about it though, it probably doesn't hurt to call the school. Good luck!

10. Elastase

Elastase StanfUrd bound!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Your talking about a UC right? I believe they do not have a deposit (its on the MSAR).

11. Re-Evolution

Re-Evolution Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, I'm talking about UCI. So by checking the box for "I intend to Matriculate", I'm not committing to anything right?