HELP! Do I have ANY chance? 3.1 cum GPA.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JENPREP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have ANY chance of being accepted to a US MD or DO program?

Core Statistics:

**3.1 cumulative GPA, 2.8 Science GPA from a major university graduated 2008 (no good justification.. wasn't smart enough know that this would be my biggest downfall for the rest of my life)

– after a couple of years of depression during & after college.. kind of got back on track.
*2 year Master program at a major university (completing in 2 weeks. cumulative GPA 3.75)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do I have ANY chance of being accepted to a US MD or DO program?

Core Statistics:

**3.1 cumulative GPA, 2.8 Science GPA from a major university graduated 2008 (no good justification.. wasn’t smart enough know that this would be my biggest downfall for the rest of my life)

– after a couple of years of depression during & after college.. kind of got back on track.
*2 year Master program at a major university (completing in 2 weeks. cumulative GPA 3.75)
Your undergrad GPAs could use some improvement, paticularly the science GPA. Why not take advantage of the AACOMAS (DO) grade replacement policy (where only the most recent grade counts if you retake, provided the credit hours are at least the same) and repeat any science class that had a low grade. This repairs a poor GPA much faster that applying through AMCAS (MD) where they average every grade earned.

Hi,

Can't really gauge your chances till you take the MCAT. Have you taken it yet?

Your undergrad GPAs could use some improvement, paticularly the science GPA. Why not take advantage of the AACOMAS (DO) grade replacement policy (where only the most recent grade counts if you retake, provided the credit hours are at least the same) and repeat any science class that had a low grade. This repairs a poor GPA much faster that applying through AMCAS (MD) where they average every grade earned.

+1

Try and do well on the MCAT, If I were you I would shoot for a 30-33. The average MCAT score for mid tier med schools is around 31-34. Bring up your overall GPA to 3.5+ (and also raising your sgpa above a 3.4/5) and with a 30-33 MCAT I think you would be in the clear for a school :)

Last edited: