Help fix my dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Retake or No Retake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Future.miss.doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I wrote the MCAT last saturday.. and during my CARS section this one guy who was writing a different test started typing empathetically on his loud mechanical keyboard. I completely lost my focus on 2 passages, at least. I left the test thinking "i gotta retake this". Im contemplating retaking it a third time (i wrote it last year too) before even knowing my scores.

If I retake it, i think i will have a slight improvement on CARS (about 2 points) and an overall similar score to the 2nd time. I doubt that my score will go down, but i also doubt it will go up by a significant amount

Now i understand that some schools look at your best scores, some want a positive trend, some take the average, some would see writing it 3 times as a bad sign.

If i retake it now, it wont take me much prep time since the material is still fresh in my head. If my scores are bad and i have to retake it next year it would take me about a month to refresh my memory and get back in the mcat mode. However, that being said, im not emotionally prepared to sit through it again in 10 days.

The question is.. should i retake it? Or wait and see what the scores have to say?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait and see. If you do decide to retake, bring some earplugs with you next time you sit the exam.

So I wrote the MCAT last saturday.. and during my CARS section this one guy who was writing a different test started typing empathetically on his loud mechanical keyboard. I completely lost my focus on 2 passages, at least. I left the test thinking "i gotta retake this". Im contemplating retaking it a third time (i wrote it last year too) before even knowing my scores.

If I retake it, i think i will have a slight improvement on CARS (about 2 points) and an overall similar score to the 2nd time. I doubt that my score will go down, but i also doubt it will go up by a significant amount

Now i understand that some schools look at your best scores, some want a positive trend, some take the average, some would see writing it 3 times as a bad sign.

If i retake it now, it wont take me much prep time since the material is still fresh in my head. If my scores are bad and i have to retake it next year it would take me about a month to refresh my memory and get back in the mcat mode. However, that being said, im not emotionally prepared to sit through it again in 10 days.

The question is.. should i retake it? Or wait and see what the scores have to say?

dang what kind of fancy prometrics center had mechanical keyboards? my monitor during my test crapped out on me during physical sciences