Help for LOR!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilemaker321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi... I've got a few questions about LORs and I'd appreciate it if I got an answer.
Regarding the LORs, I'm a bit confused about it. I finished my BDS from India. I'm not sure from who all I should get an LOR from. I know I should get one from the dean and a professor but what this science teacher and all that? That has gotten me confused.
Also it talks about getting an LOR from a dentist/employer. Does this apply to the US or your native country? If the US, does that mean an experience certificate is enough from India? Do we not need an LOR from where we're working in India?
Thanks.... appreciate it if I got a reply ASAP!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
Recommendation letters should submitted directly from the recommender to CAPPID .
First one from your Dean
Second one from a professor who was teaching you at your dental school
Third, letter MUST be from a dentist here even you worked with as an assistant or shadowed him.

Ok... thanks for the info Mr. GV Black!!! It really helped!!!:happy:

Members don't see this ad :)
Here means the US right?
Yes, you will need shadowing and assisting in dental offices in America for recommendations letters and to add it as an experience . As without dental experience and community service in US , your application will be weak. Good luck

Thanks for your help! I've got another question. Suppose we only appear for NBDE Part 1 for college admission and join a university.When do we appear for Part 2 then?