help for NBDE II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachnabc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone advice me on how to go about preparing for NBDE II if I am not currently enrolled in a dental program? Is it best to do it after a program or it doesnt matter.
I need help on which books to refer and where to get them cheap.
Does the score depend on wether it is paper based or CBT?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I made use of the dental decks, past ADA released questions and the basic and clinical dentistry vol 2. Some people used decks and kaplan with past questions . I think whichever of the 2 is ideal.

I hope this has helped.

Also note that the score is not dependent on either if it is paper based or CBT. You'll do CBT if u feel you don't really have the time to wait, but its more expensive

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! i'm planning to take the CBT as well. my question is, does it allow you to skip some questions and then go back to them afterwards? what was more difficult to prepare for, the part I or the part II? thanks for the advice.:D

Yes it allows you to come back and make corrections and preparation for both were equally tough

hi guru,
can u please give me more details about the books u have mentioned for part 2( basic and clinical dentistry vol 2).
i want to know the author of the books and also want to know from where u can get them .
thanks .

The editors of the book are Jack Wells and Marvin Reed. I got mine in a dental school bookstore close to me. You can also check it on the internet.