Help From U of A students pls?

Started by EpicFail
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EpicFail

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just started making my schedule for my first year in university of Alberta and I need to decide whether to do my prerequisites in one year or in two.
Recommendations and tips would be greatly appreciated!

CHEM 164 + 263 / CHEM 261 + 263

😕 CHEM 164 (1 year pre-pharm) vs CHEM 261 (2 years pre-pharm)?
Chem 164 is restricted to students with 90%+ in chem 30. I have a final mark of 94% in Chem 30, but I'm still worried whether the competition in chem 164 will bring down my GPA. Since it's restricted to 90%+ students, wouldn't that lower my chances?

Has anyone taken 164 and can tell me the difficulty of the class compared to 261?