HELP!: gradschool dropouts -->> D.O.???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adismo

covered in moon dust
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, this is a weird question I know; so few here are gradstudents. But here goes....

Do D.O. schools accept grad students (Master's to be exact) into matriculation even if the gradstudents do not finish their MS or MA?

Shouldn't the admissions committees just look at your undergrad work and thats it!?

If you are or have been in this boat please respond. The waters stink.
Thanks for any replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, you're looking at one. I was enrolled in my first year of a two year medical physics Masters program in Chicago when I was accepted to NYCOM. So, yes, you can leave your graduate program to attend medical school. Good luck.

pags,

Thanks for your reply. I had an inkling that might be the case, but I'd rather worry. :p

But I was getting tired of eating antacids. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
They look at ALL your grades. If you don't want to finish a program you started you better have a good reason. How do you think it's gonna look? How is the admissions committee to know that you wouldn't drop out of their program? Getting accepted while in grad school is one thing, dropping out and waiting to be accepted is something else.
I went back to grad school and finished my M.S. just for appearances sake, Yes I can finish something I start. I'm not saying you can't but admissions committees look for such potential weaknesses. Good luck from WesternU/COMP '04

it's a scheduling problem. my grad school advertises many courses in the catalog, but the majority aren't being offered.

as far as appearances go, im think its great to finish something you start (if possible). im just hoping that there are some sensible-minded admissions comitees out there.

I understand,,,
The temptations od droping out of a masters degree program for greener pastures (medical school),,,but beware of those ditches. I am in the middle of completing a three year to degree to become a speech language pathologist. Many medical students told me to finish what I started,,,, Medical schools look at
whether you can finish what you set out to do,,, stick to your guns!!!!!!!!!!!