Help! Haven't heard from 20 schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharsky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I applied to many schools and so far got 6 rejections and 2 interviews. I don't know what the rest of the 20 schools are doing with my application =(. It's getting pretty late so do I assume I'm rejected from those schools at this point? I completed my applications by mid-November which is also kind of late. Is anybody else in the same situation as me?

Members don't see this ad.

i was complete at most of my schools around september and i still havent heard from 20+ plus schools...but i guess i expect that kind of stuff esp with the increased number of applicants this year. i just have this mindset...just dont even expect to hear back from these schools that havent gotten back to me yet. if they do contact me then its just a plus.

luckily you have 2 interviews instead of none. i wish you have the best of luck there. if you want you can call the schools and see whats up and ask them if they will even get to your file before the application cycle is over.

Hey sharsky!

Have you updated your application with your fall semester grades, awards you have won, new activities you have engaged in, or anything to add to your application like a publication? I have quite a few schools to hear from and I figure that once I send my updates this week, it will show my continued interest and will perhaps help me get an interview. Also, are you sure you are complete at all the schools? Some schools have lost or misplaced my recommendations or something must be wrong with the mail, so you should make sure all those schools have all your materials. I am faxing my updates and, if you can, you should do the same so you make sure everything is received.

Members don't see this ad :)
Give these schools a call/email and ask where you are in the application process. Most likely you are still in the running for getting an interview with other applicants. I know a lot of schools hang on to their "maybe" applications and dish out interviews as they see fit without updating their applicants of status. So, try to persuade them to grant you an interview with new grades/accomplishments/etc.

I'm in a similar boat as you. I have two interview invites and haven't heard from 15 or so schools! I'm so anxious to get email or snailmail everyday and I'm always so disappointed when there is no news. I just feel like I'll never hear back... I've been complete at most places since mid-Nov, early-Dec so I guess there's some time but I feel like it's taking forever. Especially with all the intervews I see people are getting on SDN... O well I guess all I can do is wait. Good luck to you all:)

i totally have to agree with you. so far i've only gotten 3 interviews and 3 rejections but i've had the worst luck with med schools losing my recommendations. like everyone else said i'd definitely send application updates!