Help Help Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nervous student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been scrambling for an FP spot for my fiance 3 hours and left messages and sent applications through ERAS with NO response. Help!! What else can we do. My fiance is so frustrated and I can't blame him.

Members don't see this ad.

well it may not happen. have you gotten anyone on the phone?

In any case, support him, remind him that the two of you will go to your residency and work it from there. His dream is delayed not over. He probably feels embarressed, maybe like he left you down. just both of you remember it will work out just not the way you planned. you having a residency is an excellent start.

We got one person on the phone who said apply through ERAS and the rest were filled mailboxes or pre-recorded voicemails. UGHHHHHHH!!!! If anyone knows if FP just waits a little while please tell me!

send your application through eras, fax it, and email. Call programs until the sun goes down and then again tomorrow. More programs will be more open to telephone calls tomorrow. Best of luck.
I just finished helping a friend scramble in family medicine - it took 6 hours but she got a position that is ironically next to her fiance's family.

nervous student,

i'm on the same boat as your fiance.... i've been trying to scramble into FP all day w/ the help of my brother in law.... all we've been getting is voicemails w/ filled mailboxes.... the few that we did get thru to just asked me to send the application thru eras... they said they'll look over it and call back if interested.... so far no luck....

hopefully tomorrow we'll have better luck.... this really sucks... i thought FP would be alot easier to get into...