HELP high school senior adviceplease

Opticalfuture

Opticqueen
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi this time i am taking 5 college classes to get my assoicates. can anyone tell how to manage and balance things?

Members don't see this ad.

One big thing is just focusing more of your time in courses that you are weakest at if that will help your grades. I'm not sure what your list of courses are, but don't overthink them just because they are listed as college courses. Granted, you may have to spend more time studying for them than your peers with normal high school courses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Tbh college courses at community colleges and lower division courses at large state universities tend to be easier than their respective high school AP courses. Or at least that's how it was for me and my siblings who did AP/dual enrollment in high school

Members don't see this ad :)
One big thing is just focusing more of your time in courses that you are weakest at if that will help your grades. I'm not sure what your list of courses are, but don't overthink them just because they are listed as college courses. Granted, you may have to spend more time studying for them than your peers with normal high school courses.

my classes:bio for science majors 2, intro to philosophy, sociology, brit lit 2, and college algebra. Im scared i might not do well because its the semester before i graduate.Also i want memorable memories at highschool too

Tbh college courses at community colleges and lower division courses at large state universities tend to be easier than their respective high school AP courses. Or at least that's how it was for me and my siblings who did AP/dual enrollment in high school

that's kinda true cause i took AP chemistry and that class was a nightmare.. never again. i prefer DC

my classes:bio for science majors 2, intro to philosophy, sociology, brit lit 2, and college algebra. Im scared i might not do well because its the semester before i graduate.Also i want memorable memories at highschool too
Is this at a community college?

yes it is
I would not worry about that course load then. Obviously you can't just slack off because your GPA will matter, but my understanding is that if you can't handle base level CC courses like those then you're going to have a really hard time in 4 year university. In other words they will either be very do-able for you or you should reconsider pre-med

I would not worry about that course load then. Obviously you can't just slack off because your GPA will matter, but my understanding is that if you can't handle base level CC courses like those then you're going to have a really hard time in 4 year university. In other words they will either be very do-able for you or you should reconsider pre-med

okay thanks. But I think the courses taught at eithers school is pretty much the same

These classes count into your GPA for med school, so quite simply, you NEED to do well in them. If you think you might not or have a tendency toward serioritis, drop them! Or maybe just drop the Bio so you can take it 'full strength' at your future 4-year school.

Reactions: 1 users
okay thanks. But I think the courses taught at eithers school is pretty much the same

This is generally not true. I took some of both back in the day. The versions of these courses at a 4-year are harder to excel in than at a community college. This tends to be in part because of the depth of material covered but also because of the type of testing at a CC lends itself to more grade cushioning. Make up exams/repeat exams with grade averaging, make up quizzes, extra credit abound at most CCs, and I found the tests themselves constructed to be easier as well.

I wouldn’t take the bio at the CC either because it will look odd for you to take that there instead of at a 4-year if you end up applying to Med school. They will think you did it to get out of the harder class at the 4-year.

As others have said, all these grades will be included in the standardized GPA calculations required on the Med school applications. So they can’t be written off if you do poorly because you’re still in high school. Do well or do not take them.

Reactions: 1 users
This is generally not true. I took some of both back in the day. The versions of these courses at a 4-year are harder to excel in than at a community college. This tends to be in part because of the depth of material covered but also because of the type of testing at a CC lends itself to more grade cushioning. Make up exams/repeat exams with grade averaging, make up quizzes, extra credit abound at most CCs, and I found the tests themselves constructed to be easier as well.

I wouldn’t take the bio at the CC either because it will look odd for you to take that there instead of at a 4-year if you end up applying to Med school. They will think you did it to get out of the harder class at the 4-year.

As others have said, all these grades will be included in the standardized GPA calculations required on the Med school applications. So they can’t be written off if you do poorly because you’re still in high school. Do well or do not take them.

thank you,but i do not to be a doctor. however i want to apply to the biomedical sciences Phd programs

Ah. Therein lies the confusion. This site is geared towards people who want to pursue the health professions so everyone was assuming that.

this is a health profession lol. But its just a doctorate degree so you will be a doctor of philosophy

so what is it then? Is it really difficult to get accepted in? many schools require to have a 3.0 or higher.

Truthfully I have no specific knowledge of graduate level biomedical science programs. But biomedical sciences are more laboratory or basic science-type work, whereas classically, health professions are those that have patient contact, such as doctor, dentist, nurse, physical therapist , occupational therapist, optometry, audiology, etc.

Truthfully I have no specific knowledge of graduate level biomedical science programs. But biomedical sciences are more laboratory or basic science-type work, whereas classically, health professions are those that have patient contact, such as doctor, dentist, nurse, physical therapist , occupational therapist, optometry, audiology, etc.

oh okay thanks