Help! Hopkins/MGH/Wash U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gottamatch

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like all 3 programs very much and can't decide on the final ROL🙁.

I am interested in dermpath. How do graduates of these programs do in getting into dermpath fellowship? Any one better than the other?
 
I've never heard of anyone at Hopkins not getting a dermpath fellowship. But I suspect the same is true of all three of these strong programs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the end it's always a crapshoot from year to year at every program with a fellowship. There might be three people in your class who want to do dermpath, and all are qualified, so it might be hard. Or you might be the only one.
 
In the end it's always a crapshoot from year to year at every program with a fellowship. There might be three people in your class who want to do dermpath, and all are qualified, so it might be hard.

If you really want to do DP, that's just a short term problem. You may just end up doing the fellowship 1 year later than expected. If you do AP/CP, you'd like to do DP in 2014. However, if those positions are already "filled", they may offer you a position in 2015. It just means you do an additional fellowship, which isn't that big of a deal if you want DP.


----- Antony
 
WashU residents have little trouble getting the fellowships they want as well. Last year three residents/fellows wanted to to DP, and all three are doing it (one in house, one at stanford, one in chicago somewhere).
 
I'm also interested in DP. Anyone know the success rates for obtaining DP fellowships among UCSF and UChicago residents?
 
I'm also interested in DP. Anyone know the success rates for obtaining DP fellowships among UCSF and UChicago residents?


bump! curious about this question too.

Does it help UCSF residents with Leboit there?

I heard UChicago has great success rates b/c residents there are fewer, and they have in house fellowship.