HELP! How do I choose between such good schools?

Started by mdebay13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdebay13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im in a predicament!

I have to choose (by wednesday) between Case Western Reserve and Wash U! However, both schools are amazing and have awesome residency matches! Anyone have any advice as to why I should attend either school (besides Rank!)?

Thanks

-I realize I am lucky to have the rare choice of choosing between two great schools
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
location dude. washington >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ohio

lol fail.

choose Case. More laid back environment, you'll probably enjoy it more if you're more of a social person. If you're a gunner, go to WashU.
 
Pick the cheapest one. Did you get a merit scholarship offer at either?



Yea I have a merit at case that knocks off 20K, Wash U is getting back to me soon, they said they would off me a similar package... I'm thinking I will be happier at Case tho bc of the 2 years of pass/fail

I am very self motivated, like most pre-meds and the grading won't motivate me more. One concerns for me though was prep for USMLEs. Wash U has the edge on step 1 and 2 by about 10 points on step 1 and idk about step 2. But they do have higher passing percentages on both. HOWEVER>>> Wash U has the highest MCAT and GPA... and as a student there told me: if you accept good test takers... SUPRISE! You get good test takers! I'm a good test taker, I will be fine at either school.

PLUS: Case offers much better flexibilities for those who may wish to pursue a dual degree and enjoy one more year of not being completely hitched to medicine. And did you see those 2009 matches by Case! Quite impressive for a 25 rank by those peeps at US News... Also, based on AMSA surveys (http://www.amsa.org/premed/medsurvey/) Case students seem more satisfied with their education.

Thanks for your input everyone, I always appreciate more, I have until wednesday to decide!
 
Yea I have a merit at case that knocks off 20K, Wash U is getting back to me soon, they said they would off me a similar package... I'm thinking I will be happier at Case tho bc of the 2 years of pass/fail

I am very self motivated, like most pre-meds and the grading won't motivate me more. One concerns for me though was prep for USMLEs. Wash U has the edge on step 1 and 2 by about 10 points on step 1 and idk about step 2. But they do have higher passing percentages on both. HOWEVER>>> Wash U has the highest MCAT and GPA... and as a student there told me: if you accept good test takers... SUPRISE! You get good test takers! I'm a good test taker, I will be fine at either school.

PLUS: Case offers much better flexibilities for those who may wish to pursue a dual degree and enjoy one more year of not being completely hitched to medicine. And did you see those 2009 matches by Case! Quite impressive for a 25 rank by those peeps at US News... Also, based on AMSA surveys (http://www.amsa.org/premed/medsurvey/) Case students seem more satisfied with their education.

Thanks for your input everyone, I always appreciate more, I have until wednesday to decide!

Well, then! That's easy. Pick Case.:d:laugh:👍
 
Yea I have a merit at case that knocks off 20K, Wash U is getting back to me soon, they said they would off me a similar package... I'm thinking I will be happier at Case tho bc of the 2 years of pass/fail

I am very self motivated, like most pre-meds and the grading won't motivate me more. One concerns for me though was prep for USMLEs. Wash U has the edge on step 1 and 2 by about 10 points on step 1 and idk about step 2. But they do have higher passing percentages on both. HOWEVER>>> Wash U has the highest MCAT and GPA... and as a student there told me: if you accept good test takers... SUPRISE! You get good test takers! I'm a good test taker, I will be fine at either school.

PLUS: Case offers much better flexibilities for those who may wish to pursue a dual degree and enjoy one more year of not being completely hitched to medicine. And did you see those 2009 matches by Case! Quite impressive for a 25 rank by those peeps at US News... Also, based on AMSA surveys (http://www.amsa.org/premed/medsurvey/) Case students seem more satisfied with their education.

Thanks for your input everyone, I always appreciate more, I have until wednesday to decide!

Sounds like you've got it under control. One of my brothers went to Wash U for med school... great institution, but it's reputation for intensity is well deserved.
 
Come to WashU, we can experience the MS1 intensity together! It's an incredible school. I might be a bit biased by my interest in neuromuscular physiology... (WashU= #2 in physical therapy). I didn't get an interview from Case so I can't say anything about their program, but I interviewed at CCLCM and StL>>>Cleveland any day.
 
Come to WashU, we can experience the MS1 intensity together! It's an incredible school. I might be a bit biased by my interest in neuromuscular physiology... (WashU= #2 in physical therapy). I didn't get an interview from Case so I can't say anything about their program, but I interviewed at CCLCM and StL>>>Cleveland any day.


Where did you that specific ranking? US News best Hospitals?
 
Where did you that specific ranking? US News best Hospitals?

Look up "Washington University in St. Louis" on wikipedia:

"Within the medical school, the Program in Physical Therapy is also highly reputable. It is ranked 2nd in the nation for "Best Physical Therapy Schools" according to U.S. News & World Report."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.