Help - I Have a big problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Food

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey dudes - I'm on the WL at a school. I've been sending them updates regularly. About 10 days ago I sent them an update saying I was now shadowing an assistant prof. in the COM during his clinics. Problem is - it's 10 days later and I still haven't started shadowing him because the paperwork isn't through yet. I have met and talked to him, and we've discussed a few things. I've also been reading some medical texts from his specialty just to get some background since I'll be writing stuff for him. My intention was not to be deceiving on the AMCAS - I was just a little overeager. I was under the impression that we'd start shadowing a couple days after I met him. And I sent the update about a day after I met him. Anyway, so now I'm feeling a little nervous. What if they go and check on this? What would you guys suggest? The only thing I can do is to send another letter correcting the previous one...

Members don't see this ad.

relax. it'll be fine. if they contact him i'm sure he would explain the situation. everyone knows red tape is a hindrance.

i would relax, your update letters are going straight into "never to be read" section of your file.

Members don't see this ad :)
relax. it'll be fine. if they contact him i'm sure he would explain the situation. everyone knows red tape is a hindrance.

Whew...thanks, this helps. I really hope that's how they look at it...because I turned in everything they needed from me ASAP - at least 10-11 days ago. I've been bugging the doc about it too, but he doesn't have a hand in the bureaucracy.

i would relax, your update letters are going straight into "never to be read" section of your file.

Haha - I was thinking this earlier too. But this school actually sees a lot of waitlist movement. They place heavy emphasis on post-WL updates because they do not pre-rank the list.

anyone else care to comment?

Yeah. It's no big deal. Academic honesty is very important. This, however, comes no where near that line.

Are you applying this cycle? Just make sure you aren't just banking on that WL.

Are you applying this cycle? Just make sure you aren't just banking on that WL.

Yeah, I'm waiting for my AMCAS to get verified. All my stuff was received June 29th.

ok good. Well best of luck! last cycle and this one

I highly doubt they will check on this since they dont seem to check whether any extracurricular activities are actually verifiable. Even if they do ask, you have a legitamate excuse, so no worrys.