Help I Have a Question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jux212

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if schools have a limit on howmany times a person can reapply? I wanna take a chance and apply this year although i dont know if I have enough Ec's, but If dont get in and somehow i dont get in next year does that preclude me from applying again a third time if needed?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. The only one I know that limits you to 2 tries is Einstein.

I would recommend you only applying once! (i.e. when you are ready). This is a very draining process.

On the other hand, if you feel that you have a chance, go for it. My premed advisor told me to wait and retake the MCATs, but I didn't listen and now I'll be going to med school next year. :)

Do what you feel is right.

I had a hard time deciding when to apply and I'm so glad I waited and didn't do it too soon. This process is very, very, very, hard. Both emotionally anf financially. Your going to put all your hopes and dreams and the essence of who you are out there-and you will get rejected. You might get in but it still hurts to get rejected. Be prepared for all your loved ones to ask everyday, Did you get in, did you get in.. There's the waiting, the not knowing, the rejection and the sucking sound comming from your bankaccount that keeps you awake at night.

Maybe I'm venting here but believe me, don't do it till your ready

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply when you are ready. I was in the same situation as Foxy. I was not going to apply but I decided to go ahead anyways- and I got in. But, in retrospect, I think I was crazy. The process was very exhausting. It was also very costly. As soon as interviews started to pour in, I knew that I could not waste all that money, If I wasn't going to get in. I'm just rambling. My point is: apply if you think you can make it...if not, wait a year and then apply.

There may not be an official limit on the number of times you apply but most schools reccommend that you dont reapply unless there has been significant/meaningful change in your application.

As everyone else said, dont apply until you are ready and you have everything in order.

What is your stats? U of Minnesota also has a 2 apply policy and then wait two years then can apply again. They do want to see significant improvement though... so be careful...