1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Help I Have a Question!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jux212, Apr 30, 2002.

1. jux212

jux212 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I was wondering if schools have a limit on howmany times a person can reapply? I wanna take a chance and apply this year although i dont know if I have enough Ec's, but If dont get in and somehow i dont get in next year does that preclude me from applying again a third time if needed?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It depends on the school. The only one I know that limits you to 2 tries is Einstein.

I would recommend you only applying once! (i.e. when you are ready). This is a very draining process.

On the other hand, if you feel that you have a chance, go for it. My premed advisor told me to wait and retake the MCATs, but I didn't listen and now I'll be going to med school next year. :)

Do what you feel is right.

4. Rhiana

Rhiana Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I had a hard time deciding when to apply and I'm so glad I waited and didn't do it too soon. This process is very, very, very, hard. Both emotionally anf financially. Your going to put all your hopes and dreams and the essence of who you are out there-and you will get rejected. You might get in but it still hurts to get rejected. Be prepared for all your loved ones to ask everyday, Did you get in, did you get in.. There's the waiting, the not knowing, the rejection and the sucking sound comming from your bankaccount that keeps you awake at night.

Maybe I'm venting here but believe me, don't do it till your ready

5. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Apply when you can put your best foot forward. Doing otherwise wastes money!

6. GATC

GATC Member
    7+ Year Member

Apply when you are ready. I was in the same situation as Foxy. I was not going to apply but I decided to go ahead anyways- and I got in. But, in retrospect, I think I was crazy. The process was very exhausting. It was also very costly. As soon as interviews started to pour in, I knew that I could not waste all that money, If I wasn't going to get in. I'm just rambling. My point is: apply if you think you can make it...if not, wait a year and then apply.

7. trouta

trouta Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There may not be an official limit on the number of times you apply but most schools reccommend that you dont reapply unless there has been significant/meaningful change in your application.

As everyone else said, dont apply until you are ready and you have everything in order.

8. UofMNguy

UofMNguy Member
    7+ Year Member

What is your stats? U of Minnesota also has a 2 apply policy and then wait two years then can apply again. They do want to see significant improvement though... so be careful...