Help ...I just learned how to email yesterday! Which PDA/Smartphone/Software?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which handheld/smartphone did you use?

• ipod/ipod touch

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • blackberry

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • iphone

• palm

• my brain. all above options are sooo 1979. Satchels of gold.

• Total voters

stars1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im starting rotations soon and have no clue which PDA/smartphone to get.
I really am a technology idiot, so could everyone tell me what they used? And why you chose what you did?
Ultimately, Im looking for something cost-effective easy-to-use/idiot-friendly and glitch-free. I dont care too much about bells and whistles--like music, games, etc.

If I get all these apps--lexicomp, micromedex, and epocrates --about how much space will they take up? And which did you find the most useful?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For the apps, I recommend the iPhone.

If you want to send and check emails quickly, then I recommend the BlackBerry.

Im starting rotations soon and have no clue which PDA/smartphone to get.
I really am a technology idiot, so could everyone tell me what they used? And why you chose what you did?
Ultimately, Im looking for something cost-effective easy-to-use/idiot-friendly and glitch-free. I dont care too much about bells and whistles--like music, games, etc.

If I get all these apps--lexicomp, micromedex, and epocrates --about how much space will they take up? And which did you find the most useful?

Thanks in advance!

You just learned how to EMAIL yesterday?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would personally recommend Palm. It seems that in terms of compatibility they seem to be the best. Also, I bought my Treo for 50 bucks.

I buy a new phone every 6 months.. for $19.99 when they break.

Iphones price is for suckers

iPhone is nice, but it doesn't have Flash capabilities, which makes you not be able to view like a quarter of the sites out there.

How's this new Droid thing? Does that have apps? I'm a bit clueless about this technology stuff as well, and wanted an iPhone, but now I'm a bit disenchanted with it.

I would say that the Iphone is easier to learn how to use even though I have a blackberry

I'd say BlackBerry...it has the best emailing capabilities of any of the smartphones out there.

The only reason I wouldn't go with a Droid or iPhone is the touchscreen. If you have bigger fingers, they're almost impossible to be accurate with.