Help ...I just learned how to email yesterday! Which PDA/Smartphone/Software?

Started by stars1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Which handheld/smartphone did you use?

  • ipod/ipod touch

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • blackberry

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • iphone

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • palm

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • my brain. all above options are sooo 1979. Satchels of gold.

    Votes: 2 15.4%

  • Total voters
    13

stars1

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im starting rotations soon and have no clue which PDA/smartphone to get.
I really am a technology idiot, so could everyone tell me what they used? And why you chose what you did?
Ultimately, Im looking for something cost-effective easy-to-use/idiot-friendly and glitch-free. I dont care too much about bells and whistles--like music, games, etc.

If I get all these apps--lexicomp, micromedex, and epocrates --about how much space will they take up? And which did you find the most useful?

Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:
For the apps, I recommend the iPhone.

If you want to send and check emails quickly, then I recommend the BlackBerry.
 
Im starting rotations soon and have no clue which PDA/smartphone to get.
I really am a technology idiot, so could everyone tell me what they used? And why you chose what you did?
Ultimately, Im looking for something cost-effective easy-to-use/idiot-friendly and glitch-free. I dont care too much about bells and whistles--like music, games, etc.

If I get all these apps--lexicomp, micromedex, and epocrates --about how much space will they take up? And which did you find the most useful?

Thanks in advance!

You just learned how to EMAIL yesterday?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would personally recommend Palm. It seems that in terms of compatibility they seem to be the best. Also, I bought my Treo for 50 bucks.
 
iPhone is nice, but it doesn't have Flash capabilities, which makes you not be able to view like a quarter of the sites out there.

How's this new Droid thing? Does that have apps? I'm a bit clueless about this technology stuff as well, and wanted an iPhone, but now I'm a bit disenchanted with it.
 
I'd say BlackBerry...it has the best emailing capabilities of any of the smartphones out there.

The only reason I wouldn't go with a Droid or iPhone is the touchscreen. If you have bigger fingers, they're almost impossible to be accurate with.