Help! I need feedback from a Canadian IMG that is working in Canada.

Started by StudentMed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StudentMed

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am interested to know about the experience of Canadians who chose to do their Med School abroad after completing their bachelour degree in canada.
How dificult was it to get residency in canada?? Are you currently working as a doctor? IF so how long did the process take you from obtaining your IMG to practicing or getting residency. Which university did you attend to do your med school?
I heard that they give a hard time to Doctors from abroad that immigrate to canada. Is it the same for canadians doing their IMG abroad?
I would greatly apreciate if somebody could answer me some of these question or give any feedback.
Thanks.