HELP! Im in need of a virtual study partner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leelou1313

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am an American that went the other way around and went aboard to study for my dental degree. Now I want to go back home and need a study partner for the NBDE PART1. MY english is spot on and I plan on studying 3 days out of the week for hours at a time. If there is anyone out there that would like to meet via skype on Mondays and just go over what they know or missing areas, I love to get together and study.

I have been out of dental school for 4 years and went to school in Spanish so I feel like im starting all over. :(

If there is anyone with advice please let me know if there is a schedule that I can stick t that will work.

Also has anyone tried the Kaplan book? its quite daunting!

Members don't see this ad.

we can be partner. I just start to study.

Hey E
I have the best study plan for you.
Invoice me..
Where did you attend dental school?
Spanish countries share common Latin roots with dental and science terms.
Hey!! Do you mind to share with me??? I'm from Mexico and I'm living in Los Angeles

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I'd like to join your study group too. Planning to give the test in August/September. How are you guys planning to study? Any study plan?

Hello,

I'd like to join your study group too. Planning to give the test in August/September. How are you guys planning to study? Any study plan?
I have the Crack the board plus the Dentin (Formerly Board busters), release exams and dental decks. I'm planning to take the board in July, August. We can set a strategy

Do you mind join another person? I want to study with us. We can encourage each other. I am planning to taking the NBDE part 1.

Hi Leelou, I am in a similar situation, I finished dental school outside of the country. I have a question, did you had to take the TOEFL?

Hi guys,
I just took the boards last friday, was very difficult but i think is possible, I work full time as a dental hygienist but somehow I found time to study.
the last month I basically study 6 to 8 hours a day and the lsat weeks before the test I took time off for work to focus on the test.
last 2 weeks, I study fro 8 am to 10 pm. There are to ways to study, memorizing or understanding, the rig study plan depends on that and in how long ago did you finished dental school.
I have the 2017 decks brand new in the box, never used them, but I used an old set of decks from 2012 ( much of my studies were at lunch or while I was eating, didn't want to ruin the new decks )
Fist Aid is great, but is a lot to chew, Board buster I have the fist edition and never used it, Kaplan book, I have it never used it.
the most accurate representation of the real test is crack NBDE, if you clear that mock test you clear the exam,
I love the B and B Dental program. I can swear for the program is pricey but well worth it. also use the app Dentla boards mastery i think i finished all the questions.
I'm sorry for the long post but there is too much to say about the preparation f the test, but for the week before the test is also very tricky. I took as much as time off to mimic the stress of sitting 8 hours readi a computer and answering questions. practice, get your eyes brain your bladder for the task.
many people don't care about that but is very important.
at the end of the day without the proper sugar your brain becomes foggy, your eyes strained and you get confused, some questions are deceiving the words "which is not" of "except" become confusing after 5 hours.
Don't get caught off guard practice and train your body for the test.
I can help anybody who needs the proper diet pre and during the test, you only have a break every 2 hours and with a bladder full you will need to take breaks and lost time
I'm taking my TOEFL next week but that is only 4 hours I bet is tricky too so I will start practicing the opdul=c

Good luck to everybody,
If someone is spanish speaker please invoice me, I'm latino and I feel i can be helpful to them
It's nice that you share your experience. I toked the exam once and I failed. My fault was that I never study and my score was 70. I applied again and my exam will be in August. And also I speak spanish, I'm from Mexico. We can talk more If you want to.

Can I join the group, too? I'm starting to study. I'm from Peru and gratuated on 2013. I'm currentlt working as dental assistant in NC and will move to Connecticut by the end of June. My email is jossselyn11@gmailcom and my # 7046684356.
I will appreciate a lot if I can join the group. Thanks !!!

Hello,

Hey can I study with you? 7046684356

Hey all,
I am an American that went the other way around and went aboard to study for my dental degree. Now I want to go back home and need a study partner for the NBDE PART1. MY english is spot on and I plan on studying 3 days out of the week for hours at a time. If there is anyone out there that would like to meet via skype on Mondays and just go over what they know or missing areas, I love to get together and study.

I have been out of dental school for 4 years and went to school in Spanish so I feel like im starting all over. :(

If there is anyone with advice please let me know if there is a schedule that I can stick t that will work.

Also has anyone tried the Kaplan book? its quite daunting!

Can I join the group, too? I'm starting to study. I'm from Peru and gratuated on 2013. I'm currentlt working as dental assistant in NC and will move to Connecticut by the end of June. My email is jossselyn11@gmailcom and my # 7046684356.
I will appreciate a lot if I can join the group. Thanks !!!

I PASS the part 1, the hardest one, thanks everybody who helped me, its been a busy year. I graduated in 2008 and was very difficult to study areas of medicine that haven’t review since 1998. Discipline and mental preparation complemented the studies,
If anybody needs the materials I used, are all for sale (decks, First aid, Kaplan lectures) pelase invoice me.
Congratulations for the result. I have my exam on August 18, can I contact you for future advise?

I PASS the part 1, the hardest one, thanks everybody who helped me, its been a busy year. I graduated in 2008 and was very difficult to study areas of medicine that haven’t review since 1998. Discipline and mental preparation complemented the studies,
If anybody needs the materials I used, are all for sale (decks, First aid, Kaplan lectures) pelase invoice me.
Can I have your email or #, hablo espanol

Hello everyone I'm from Mexico Im readying Firt Aid book for second time, my exam date is July 10 th, if someone has some advices.

Hi Everyone.. can I join the study group please..

I want to join your study group . I live in new jersey. Let me know if I can