Help! Important Question! ADCOM advice appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iatro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm no adcom but I can certainly tell you it would have behooved you to send a thank you letter within 48 hrs of your interview. By the fact that you don't know the name of your interviewer I am sure you didn't. In this regard I imagine you could call the admissions office and ask who interviewed you with the back drop that he really left a good impression on you and that you wanted to send him a thank you letter. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd suggest you try the sheepishly honest approach -- "I was really nervous at my interview and didn't get the interviewer's name. I want to write him/her a brief 'thank you' note, and I'm hoping you can look up his/her name for me?" This is so common and so understandable -- so long as you sound apologetic and a little bit embarrassed, then they'll probably be happy to get you the information.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your benefactor can also submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf using the AMCAS Letter Writer Service. His endorsement could probably help at many other schools as well.

Take it from me, as I have been in the identical situation as you and did just that. He submitted his recommendation to AMCAS in early October and it has helped immensely at multiple schools!