Help! Important Question! ADCOM advice appreciated!

slopes23

Parlors & Poop Shoots
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I'm no adcom but I can certainly tell you it would have behooved you to send a thank you letter within 48 hrs of your interview. By the fact that you don't know the name of your interviewer I am sure you didn't. In this regard I imagine you could call the admissions office and ask who interviewed you with the back drop that he really left a good impression on you and that you wanted to send him a thank you letter. Good luck.

Reactions: WashUDad

DokterMom

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2013
Status
Non-Student
I'd suggest you try the sheepishly honest approach -- "I was really nervous at my interview and didn't get the interviewer's name. I want to write him/her a brief 'thank you' note, and I'm hoping you can look up his/her name for me?" This is so common and so understandable -- so long as you sound apologetic and a little bit embarrassed, then they'll probably be happy to get you the information.

Reactions: WashUDad

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
Your benefactor can email the dean of admissions with his endorsement. Direct contact with the interviewer is discouraged by our administration as it might give the appearance of improper influence.

wiloghby

Perpetually interviewing
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Your benefactor can also submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf using the AMCAS Letter Writer Service. His endorsement could probably help at many other schools as well.

Take it from me, as I have been in the identical situation as you and did just that. He submitted his recommendation to AMCAS in early October and it has helped immensely at multiple schools!