Help in Pharmacy thesis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nkdmk

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found out we had to redefend our thesis. It's a real blow to see your paper not being enough. I don't know much about methodologies I can do for our thesis so our original paper wasn't all that exciting & I guess that's the problem. Looking for some suggestions for a topic? Atleast an inspiration? I really need it right now as I'm feeling really hopeless. Thank you so much!

(Btw our original paper was all about in vitro testing of tb for a plant sample. Real plain & simple, apparently)

Members don't see this ad.

Just found out we had to redefend our thesis. It's a real blow to see your paper not being enough. I don't know much about methodologies I can do for our thesis so our original paper wasn't all that exciting & I guess that's the problem. Looking for some suggestions for a topic? Atleast an inspiration? I really need it right now as I'm feeling really hopeless. Thank you so much!

(Btw our original paper was all about in vitro testing of tb for a plant sample. Real plain & simple, apparently)

...What?

Is this a thing for 3 year programs, or are you outside of the US?

Reactions: 1 users
...What?

Is this a thing for 3 year programs, or are you outside of the US?
I believe the 3 year program at MCPHS Worcester has to do a thesis of some sort.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if it’s excitement you’re after I would pick a controversial topic (check out the Shingrix thread for some inspiration).

I also heard a lot about extended-interval vancomycin earlier in the year. If kinetics get you hot, you could compare and contrast data for EI vs traditional dosing.

What do you mean "redefend" your thesis? Are you writing a completely new one, or, as I would have assumed "redefend" meant, do you need to come up with further justification for your original thesis? Either case, share what your original thesis is, and people will be better able to either give you better ideas than that one, or give you tips on redefending your current thesis.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you so much for the interest guys! So here's the gist:

The way college works on my country is different from US. Basically, our thesis is divided into two semesters. On our first semester, we make Chapters 1-3 (Intro to methodology) and by the 2nd semester, that's when we actually conduct the tests we need to do for our study and conclude. I know, this sounds really weird.

As for our "re-defense", we basically had to change our plant bc our study was already being conducted in another university. What are the odds. Our study: in vitro antibacterial activity of tree moss against mycobacterium tuberculosis. Really simple. We'll be testing 5 concentrations of our extract and compare it to rifampicin, isoniazid, pyrazinamide and ethambutol.