HELP! Interview Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted323428

So I am in a little bit of a squeeze. Well months ago I planned a trip to New York City with my significant other from 1/9/12-1/15/12. Well I just received an Interview invite from the University of Colorado on 1/14, they have another interview date on 2/11. My question is how much do you think I am hurting my chances if I take the 2/11 interview instead of the 1/14 interview? I only have 2 other interviews at this point MWU and UNLV and both are in February. Any comments are helpful? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

double post

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
sadly, i wouldnt risk a dental school acceptance, especially if it's one of your top schools. perhaps you can move your flight up two days, and instead of flying home with her, get a flight out the same day heading to your interview. will cost about 100 for rescheduling, and maybe you can call them up and get a discount sine youre buying another ticket

I don't know if this will help, but at the CO interview they told us that they planned to fill 50% of the class on Dec. 1. If the 40 people notified on Dec. 1st did not place a deposit then they would notify more to keep the number 40 (at the beginning of every month). At the end of all interviews they notify the remaining 40 spots. I guess it might help if someone doesn't place a deposit, but it seems like you still have a good shot even if you do end up waiting.
On a side note they said they do not reject anyone during the interview process, but does anyone know if they send rejections when the class is full?

So I am in a little bit of a squeeze. Well months ago I planned a trip to New York City with my significant other from 1/9/12-1/15/12. Well I just received an Interview invite from the University of Colorado on 1/14, they have another interview date on 2/11. My question is how much do you think I am hurting my chances if I take the 2/11 interview instead of the 1/14 interview? I only have 2 other interviews at this point MWU and UNLV and both are in February. Any comments are helpful? Thanks guys!

Since you made headway with your "squeeze" shouldn't you be concentrating on an interview?

Just go to the earlier date directly from NYC, that way you spend some time with your girl but also get to the earlier date and have no regrets later. You don't want to go to the February date, then get bad news, AND THEN start wondering if it had anything to do with taking that later date.

Have fun man, you have a win-win here, just losing a few days in NYC won't be a big deal! ;)