Help! Loans logistics...

Started by mc4435
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mc4435

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When taking out Stafford and GradPLUS loans, do I have to have an account with the lender I choose? Or can I just apply/sign the MPN with a lender that I don't have a bank account with?

I ask because I want to use a credit union to manage my money but I will need to use a bank as my lender.
 
When taking out Stafford and GradPLUS loans, do I have to have an account with the lender I choose? Or can I just apply/sign the MPN with a lender that I don't have a bank account with?

I ask because I want to use a credit union to manage my money but I will need to use a bank as my lender.

you don't have to have a bank account with your loan bank, most stafford and grad plus send all monies to your school after the do the accounting the school gives you a check... per semester, if you have extra money.