HELP!! long gap between step 1 and 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drsnoopy1708

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am an IMG with us citizenship and I took my step 1 in march 2014 and didn't do so great. I had to take a break and work because my mom got sick. I am now back to studying for step 2 and don't know how to start or what to do!!
Should I take an NBME first? Or should I just start reading master the boards and then take the nbmes?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Taking an NMBE now does not make a lot sense when you know that your foundation is weak. If you have plenty of time start reading MTB2 once, do like 1000qs and then do your first one. But it all really depends on your time schedule etc. If you have a couple months and your step 1 is 3 years ago, why not start with MTB, then USMLE RX and then Uworld 2x

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I am an IMG with us citizenship and I took my step 1 in march 2014 and didn't do so great. I had to take a break and work because my mom got sick. I am now back to studying for step 2 and don't know how to start or what to do!!
Should I take an NBME first? Or should I just start reading master the boards and then take the nbmes?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!!
I am in a similar situation- took a long break after Step 1 [and med school] due to mom's death. Now, preparing for both the Step 1 [expired] and Step 2. What worked for you?