HELP! looking for some insight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmkraemer15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am a recent college graduate from University of St. Thomas in MN. Currently MN resident. Working as an ER scribe 1000+ hours experience working, substantial experience shadowing doctors and volunteer experience with local organizations. EC includes 4 years of varsity baseball in college and member of pre health club. UG GPA 3.5, Science GPA 3.6. I am planning to apply to Med school next year and haven't taken the MCAT yet. I'm wondering what kind of score I need to receive to be competitive for medical school. Please any info would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Also forgot upward trend last 2 years of UG GPA cumulative 3.9 heavily weighted in science classes. Currently taking Ochem 2 and physics 2 at U of M and expect 2 A's.

If you hit a cGPA of 3.59 by the time you apply (because postbac classes are included with uGPA), then an MCAT score of 32 gives you a 56.9% chance an acceptance, a 35 would give you a 68.3% chance, based on the outcomes of applicants with similar numbers over the last three years: : https://www.aamc.org/download/132334/data/table24-mcatgpagridall2007-09.pdf.pdf

Steep upward grade trends are helpful.