Help! Low gpa, masters? Any advice...

Started by Kmg049
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kmg049

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am currently an animal science major with a minor in secondary edu at Sam Houston. I'm not sure I want to be a teacher but have always dreamed of being a vet. I stopped pursuing vet school after doing poorly my first year in college, thinking I could be a vet because of my low gpa. My accumulative gpa is a 3 with a 3.4 at Sam.
I'm expected to graduate in May of 18 with my degree and I'm just curious... is it too late?
Here are a few questions I'm looking for answers or advice...
- if I complete this degree then get a masters in biology or a science, could I get accepted into vet school with my undergrad minor not being pre-vet but education?

- I have almost no minor classes done so far. If I switch to pre-vet as my minor and do stellar in the minor and math (along with my gre) would there be a chance of acceptance with a lower gpa major and high minor gpa?

I'm honestly scared to start over and then fail... I think that's my biggest fear. I don't want to screw up again..
any advice would be wonderful. Thank you so much
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Crap... lol I'll try again! Sorry this is my first post!
Do you know where on that link I go to create a thread for the "what are my chances" thread? I don't see a place to create a post 🙁
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7736.PNG
    IMG_7736.PNG
    336.8 KB · Views: 172
Do you know where on that link I go to create a thread for the "what are my chances" thread? I don't see a place to create a post 🙁
You just scroll to the bottom and type in your question. You won't start a new thread, you will just add to the one created like replying to this thread 👍
 
Do you know where on that link I go to create a thread for the "what are my chances" thread? I don't see a place to create a post 🙁
Scroll all the way down and use the reply box at the bottom. You don't create a thread, you just reply to the existing thread. 🙂