Help Me Choose A Class!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'mJustCurious

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I want to take an extra elective. I want it to go towards my science gpa but I'm not sure which classes will count. I saw it somewhere here but I'm not sure what to type on the search bar. To shorten this up, any of these class count towards my sGPA and which should I take?

BIO 103 HEALTH

BIO 125 HUMAN BIOLOGY

BIO 131 HUMAN STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION

BIO 144 INTRODUCTION/HUMAN HEREDITY

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Take whatever one is the easiest

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The first one sounds easy as heck lol
I would do the class where you can get an easy A.

Lol thanks guys! I was more hoping to find which class qualify towards a science gpa but I found the website!

the BCPM is based on course content, not the department, as described by the official course catalog of the college. Health is very questionable to fill that
Where do we go to see if the course is eligible?

A basic course in health science for the non-science major. BIO 103 is an introductory look at human health topics with emphasis on current and future health concerns. Major subjects covered in this course include exercise, physical fitness, nutrition and weight management.

You really cant until you take the course and actually submit a transcript. Your brief description above would indicate it is not BCPM; it is not basically biology but a health-related course. I presume it this course

http://catalog.jjc.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=4&coid=7121

The only thing you have to judge is the link below.

https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/course-classification-guide/

This is called astronomy 101 - descriptive astronomy , would that count?
An introductory course in astronomy that covers the concepts, principles and methods that lead to the understanding of our present view of the solar system, stars and galaxies in the universe.

I would much rather take a biology class because I'm more interested in it, that's why I narrowed it down to those 4 classes.

Astronomy is specifically allowed as BCPM as part of physics. The other bio classes you mentioned may be fine, just not the class "Health"
Just curious what are you credentials, like are you part of a committee? And thanks a lot for your help. If you were in my position would you gamble and take one of the three science classes or take astronomy which is a dry subject in my opinion

the BCPM is based on course content, not the department, as described by the official course catalog of the college. Health is very questionable to fill that
How about this class called "chemistry and society" it's located in our chemistry department CHM105 and its for non science majors

I couldn't find the course description in my school, but I found another school with the same class:

Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:

• Describe the relationship between properties and structure of matter.
  • Name chemicals, balance chemical and nuclear equations.
  • Solve problems involving mole and mass ratios in chemical reactions.
  • Identify the types of chemical reactions (i.e. acid-base, redox, nuclear) and their applications to everyday lives.
  • Explain the chemistry of household chemicals, and the composition of air and water.
  • Apply knowledge of a specific chemical concept to a current environmental, health, industrial, or technological issue or condition by writing a short research paper.

need the course description from catalog. Courses are not classified by department or title but by content. Besides, dont you mean CHM104
"A study of how chemicals directly affect our lives, including drugs, biocides, food additives, detergents, cosmetics, and plastics. Lab equipment will be provided"

My true identity remains a secret, only coming out from the inky internet shadows to help hapless premeds on their way to becoming doctors. Then I disappear, like a thief in Brooklyn, hence why they call me "The Gonnif". (insert a howl and appropriate music)
Haha um ok! So besides the first class I listed, are the other 3 OK to count towards my science GPA?