Help me choose between NYMC MSBS vs Hopkins MHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed4566

Reaction score
Hey everybody I could really use some advice. So I have a 3.4 cgpa 3.2 sgpa. I decided to go for an SMP because I still haven’t taken the mcat. I was planning on taking it next June. I’ve been finally hearing back from all the schools I applied to & was going to go to NYMC because of their linkage (506 & 3.4 for interview). However I just got accepted to John Hopkins MHS. It’s a better program but they don’t have linkage and im I’m gambling away my safety net on a reputation. I called both and asked about what to do for MCAT studying and NYMC said it’s doable with their classes. JH said I could take filler courses and make my schedule lighter. I’m just not sure what to do because my family wants me to go to JH but having that linkage program is so key. If anyone knows more about these two programs I’d be in your debt!!

Members don't see this ad.

I’d do the NYMC program. I don’t think it matters too much where you get your Masters (when you’re mainly using it to go to medical school, I mean) but a guaranteed interview if you score 506+ certainly does matter.

Reactions: 1 user