Help me choose my electives!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyGoalIsMD

one way to stand out...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am a biology major with a concentration in cellular and molecular biology. I have twenty hours of additional biology electives I have to take, and the recommended courses for my school of choice (LSUS) happen to be what I get to choose from. :D

I can take four of the following (already have to have Zoology as a pre-req):
Microbiology
Molecular Biology
General Physiology
Immunology
Embryology
Histology

I can also take Biochem II (would it be beneficial at all?)

So which would be most beneficial/interesting to take?

Members don't see this ad.

only you can answer what would be most interesting. Physiology probably takes the prize for most useful (will help for MCAT).

only you can answer what would be most interesting. Physiology probably takes the prize for most useful (will help for MCAT).

Physiology is probably the most interesting class I've ever taken. Hell, for that matter, it's the only science subject I've voluntarily chosen to take more than one class in. My vote goes to physiology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Physiology is probably the most interesting class I've ever taken. Hell, for that matter, it's the only science subject I've voluntarily chosen to take more than one class in. My vote goes to physiology.

I agree physiology is an awesome class, but it doesnt matter what we think, only the OP can answer whether he/she finds it interesting enough to take as an elective. Its definitely the most useful tho.

My favorite course in the biology department was histology- its cool to see all the pieces that have to go together to make the puzzle!