Help me decide on these diversity essay topics!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted692763

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for the hearing loss one. Is it possible to do that one but quickly list some of the other experiences with diversity? That way they will know that you've had more experience, but had to pick one.

I vote for the hearing loss one. Is it possible to do that one but quickly list some of the other experiences with diversity? That way they will know that you've had more experience, but had to pick one.
I think I may be able to find a way to list the others, I need to do some brainstorming. I did talk a little about the hearing loss in my PS, would that overlap be bad?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I may be able to find a way to list the others, I need to do some brainstorming. I did talk a little about the hearing loss in my PS, would that overlap be bad?

My personal opinion, and I hope others provide theirs, is that if you just quickly mention it in your PS, it is fine to also write about it in your diversity statement, but if you go into detail, it's better to pick a different topic. My concern would be having ADCOMs inaccurately assume that you are talking about the same thing twice because you have nothing else to talk about.

My personal opinion, and I hope others provide theirs, is that if you just quickly mention it in your PS, it is fine to also write about it in your diversity statement, but if you go into detail, it's better to pick a different topic. My concern would be having ADCOMs inaccurately assume that you are talking about the same thing twice because you have nothing else to talk about.

I talked about how it influenced my interactions with others, and how hearing aids helped rectify that (in a paragraph). I think there's probably a good amount of overlap, so I should probably pick a different topic. I was thinking about lifting, but I'm sure it's very common for premeds to do.