Help me decide.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IWontStopBelieving

Reaction score
In the AADSAS application there is this question, "Please list the US dental school(s) to which you have previously applied below."

I previously applied to 17 schools. This time I am applying to 20 schools. Out of the 20 schools, 17 are the ones I previously applied to. I don't know if I should put all 17 previously applied schools or not. I think if I do, then it looks bad, because they may think that if 17 other schools were not willing to take me, then I am I just a terrible applicant. I know that not even getting on the waitlist to 1 out of 17 schools is a big deal, but it was mainly due to me submitting my application very late. I was unable to afford paying for all school applications at once. I applied to about 2-5 schools a month. Then I submitted the secondary applications late as well, last one submitted in February the date of the deadline. This time I plan on submitting everything before August.

Members don't see this ad.

In the AADSAS application there is this question, "Please list the US dental school(s) to which you have previously applied below."

I previously applied to 17 schools. This time I am applying to 20 schools. Out of the 20 schools, 17 are the ones I previously applied to. I don't know if I should put all 17 previously applied schools or not. I think if I do, then it looks bad, because they may think that if 17 other schools were not willing to take me, then I am I just a terrible applicant. I know that not even getting on the waitlist to 1 out of 17 schools is a big deal, but it was mainly due to me submitting my application very late. I was unable to afford paying for all school applications at once. I applied to about 2-5 schools a month. Then I submitted the secondary applications late as well, last one submitted in February the date of the deadline. This time I plan on submitting everything before August.
I can assure you that lying will look worse than having applied to 17 schools last cycle.

I don’t know if schools check, but it would be incredibly easy for them to do so and seeing that you lied on your app would not be good.

I can assure you that lying will look worse than having applied to 17 schools last cycle.

I don’t know if schools check, but it would be incredibly easy for them to do so and seeing that you lied on your app would not be good.

I do not want to lie, and I will not lie. I am thinking if I should leave this section blank or just explain that I applied to many schools.

Members don't see this ad :)

Follow the directions and list them out. Leaving it blank is omitting info that they asked of you, and if it's found out, it can hurt you whether it's early in the cycle (= not getting an interview) or late (= getting an acceptance revoked). Explaining that you applied to many schools doesn't answer the prompt either - it asks for a list. Don't make it harder or more complicated than it needs to be.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.