help me out guys plzzzz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ravisingh007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am medical student in india i suufer from ckd and would need a renal transplant .should i take pathology and what is the risk of infection and damage i might get from risk of exposure to formalin considering my kidneys less ability to eliminate waste .what if i use protective gear .can u tell me the names of companies in us which give good quality cut and needle stick resistant gloves .i read about hex armor .if u know others plz tell .advice which would be better Kevlar one or the one with superfabric.alos of the formalin protective mask and which companies provide it,i was interested so much in pathology guys becuase it has less stress so it would take a long time to develop cvs problems.plz help i would be grateful to u all.

any other advice you would like to give plz give

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Close this f$ckin thread. Absolutely ridiculous.

hey i am serious .its my career its not a joke.

Ha. I'm sure you'd have better luck if you came to the US and did a "residency" at some program in new york.

(I have no idea what you're asking above because it is not written in understandable English; I assume you want to move west and be a pathologist. It shouldn't be too difficult - there are programs that take anyone with a pulse)

i am medical student in india i suufer from ckd and would need a renal transplant .should i take pathology and what is the risk of infection and damage i might get from risk of exposure to formalin considering my kidneys less ability to eliminate waste .what if i use protective gear .can u tell me the names of companies in us which give good quality cut and needle stick resistant gloves .i read about hex armor .if u know others plz tell .advice which would be better Kevlar one or the one with superfabric.alos of the formalin protective mask and which companies provide it,i was interested so much in pathology guys becuase it has less stress so it would take a long time to develop cvs problems.plz help i would be grateful to u all.

any other advice you would like to give plz give

I've seen a lot of pathologists at my institution wearing kevlar armor and protective leather masks. Don't worry about it! The superfabric alloys that you mentioned work well too, but they are not good for bullets, which may be an issue depending on where you train. From what I can tell you will fit right in with the pathology community. Welcome to the forum!

Don't pathologists need guns? I mean field work is pretty dangerous. Just watch any of those CSI shows. Everyone working in the lab has a gun. I guess you need to ask your local program to see what to wear.

hey i am serious.i would have transplant and be immunosupressed. thats why i asked .dont make it into a fun

hey i am serious.i would have transplant and be immunosupressed. thats why i asked .dont make it into a fun

We can't tell what you are asking. Your English is not clear enough.

This site is NOT the place for medical advice. If you have questions about your kidney disease, discuss them with your nephrologist.

i am just asking about cut resistant and needle prick resistant gloves.which material is good and what companies sell them. are they effective.good brands are not available in india

I am sure they will transplant a fresh kidney for you, which means the donor kidney will not be fixed in formalin before being put inside your body, so don't worry about eliminating formalin thing ........

What do you think she is wearing underneath?

Pathologist.jpg

By the way why does she have a stethoscope? Listening to murmurs on autopsy?

What do you think she is wearing underneath?

Pathologist.jpg

By the way why does she have a stethoscope? Listening to murmurs on autopsy?

Oh come on - this picture really deserves its own thread. It's not fair to that model to lump her in with body armor and leather masks...

Almost everyone's replies to this post are shameful.

The questions asked took just a tad amount of attention to piece together. And while this isn't the place for medical advice, it also isn't a place to make fun of someone's English skills and generally antagonize prospective colleagues.

No wonder SDN has such a toxic reputation. :(

..snip..
This site is NOT the place for medical advice. If you have questions about your kidney disease, discuss them with your nephrologist.

In addition, this is not a chat room, so posting follow-ups every 2 minutes after you start a thread as if it -were- a chat room generally leads to not getting serious responses. Kinda like when a telemarketer calls and calls and calls, and eventually certain annoyed people answer just to screw with them and share the sense of wasted time. I don't know if you're serious or not, but as it happens today I don't really care.

I've never heard anything bad about a specific cut resistant glove manufacturer, but I can't go out on a limb for any one in particular. I'm not aware of needlestick resistant gloves per se, but if you're not using needles and not using scalpels or scissors with sharp points (it's possible to get rounded tip scalpels and scissors) then that issue is largely mitigated.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cHvZdeVxuQ[/YOUTUBE]