Help me plan out my 3 year undergrad + 1 Year off plan?

Started by sujc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sujc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The way I planned things was to graduate in 3 years and have a year off before med school. In that year off I'm gonna do something meaningful, idk if its related to med school or not.

So, when should I start applying to med school? I already got some recommendations done with. But if I could delay the application essays for now, that would be nice

Right now I'm in the second year of my 3 years as a pre med undergrad...

Thanks a lot guys
 
You apply starting June of the year before the year you want to matriculate. You will probably want a month to prewrite the essays and fill in the info, so you'd start at June of year X-1 if you want to start medical school in August of year X.
 
So i should work on getting a committee letter next year instead of this year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yah, as morsetlis said above, you apply one year in advance to when you plan to matriculate. so basically after you graduate, that summer is when you should be doing your apps. i'm on the same track (except applying now). good luck!
 
yea you would get the committee letter just as you are graduating from undergrad in preparation for the next year's cycle of applications. The advisers tend to do their interviews for the letters well in advance ive heard