help me plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still have physics and organic chem. to complete in the next year, but I wanted to take the MCAT in August of next year (2003). I had a couple of questions:

1. Should I start studying now?
2. Has anyone used the audio osmosis stuff?
3. Is the Audiolearn series any good?

Members don't see this ad.

1. yes!
2. yes
3. They're ok, but definitely not enough by themselves... they're only good if you have a long drive to work or something...

jaboy,

i'm in the same situation! (minus orgo, plus pchem & genetics). I'm studying moderately now- about 10 hr/wk and only on verbal

Before you do any studying, try a practice exam (something like AAMC #2). This will give you a feel for the difficulty of the exam (although that particular exam is a bit out-dated), which will help tremendously with your studying/preparation.

Starting early is great, unless you study the wrong stuff. That equates to a big waste of time. Get a guideline before you start studying. The MCAT has relatively no math, is based almost exclusively on concepts and experiments, and makes a concerted effort to fuse different topics together.

Members don't see this ad :)
I disagee with studying THAT early. I studied 10 weeks for the mcat, and sort took off 1 week in there (not on purpose but ..). Concepts need to stay fresh, I would concentrate your studies no morehtna 3 months before the mcat.

Well I was thinking that I would get the Examkrackers stuff and start going over it while I a in class.

I agree with Miss Bonnie, I don't see any point in studying that far ahead of time. The MCAT is not really a total regurgitation of the prereq classes. I spent approximately 3.5 months studying and it took a little over 2 months to cover the relevant material and to have an understanding of what was really being tested. Once you know the scope or the limit to which the MCAT can test, you'll find the material a lot more manageable. Studying a year in advance could potentially backfire when you find that you've forgotten all the little tidbits to get through the questions, memory tricks and what not. Also, its the intensity of the studying that matters, as in the quality and not the quantity of time spent on it. My two cents! :wink: