help me plzzzzzzzzzzz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confused hoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hI guys,
i am PGY1 resident in peds. my program have not given me contarct letter yet. i am scared now ,if i didnot got contract letter for next year i think my chances for next year PGY2 in pediatrics are very slim. what are my other options,what are my chances for another speciality as PGY2 OR pgy1
please help me

Members don't see this ad.

hI guys,
i am PGY1 resident in peds. my program have not given me contarct letter yet. i am scared now ,if i didnot got contract letter for next year i think my chances for next year PGY2 in pediatrics are very slim. what are my other options,what are my chances for another speciality as PGY2 OR pgy1
please help me
I'm not sure if we can help you. Could you clarify a few things?

Are you in a residency program in the US? If not, where?

Are you a new PGY1 starting in a few weeks or are you about to finish your 1st year?

If you are just starting, maybe your program is just a little late getting their paperwork together. Have other residents in your program received their contracts already? Have you asked the administrative personnel about the delay?

Good luck getting this all worked out. :)

I'm not sure if we can help you. Could you clarify a few things?

Are you in a residency program in the US? If not, where?

Are you a new PGY1 starting in a few weeks or are you about to finish your 1st year?

If you are just starting, maybe your program is just a little late getting their paperwork together. Have other residents in your program received their contracts already? Have you asked the administrative personnel about the delay?

Good luck getting this all worked out. :)

Ditto this.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi GUYS,

sorry , i didnot finished few important qns yesterday. yes i am doing residency in NY and i am finishing my PGY1 this year. i did spoke to my PD ,who told they are waiting for my evaluvations results to decide if they are going to renew the contract or not.
my qns is still the same plzzzzzzzzz helpme
thanks

hi GUYS,

sorry , i didnot finished few important qns yesterday. yes i am doing residency in NY and i am finishing my PGY1 this year. i did spoke to my PD ,who told they are waiting for my evaluvations results to decide if they are going to renew the contract or not.
my qns is still the same plzzzzzzzzz helpme
thanks
I'm sorry to hear that you are in this very difficult position. It does sound as if you are in danger of losing your residency position. Only you know how bad the situation is and whether you need to start looking for other positions or opportunities outside your program. Do you have a mentor or advisor who can help you?

Also, only you know what the problems are and what you might be able to do to solve them. Is the problem patient care, knowledge base, fulfilling duties? Whatever the cause of your difficulty, you need to seek a way to address it/them so that you can be successful elsewhere if your program does not renew your contract.

ps- this situation sounds important and critical enough that you find someone within your program (or med school, perhaps) how can fairly advise you. I don't think anyone on an anonymous forum will be able to provide the kind of assistance you are looking for.

Good luck.

I'm sorry to hear that you are in this very difficult position. It does sound as if you are in danger of losing your residency position. Only you know how bad the situation is and whether you need to start looking for other positions or opportunities outside your program. Do you have a mentor or advisor who can help you?

Also, only you know what the problems are and what you might be able to do to solve them. Is the problem patient care, knowledge base, fulfilling duties? Whatever the cause of your difficulty, you need to seek a way to address it/them so that you can be successful elsewhere if your program does not renew your contract.

I agree. There has to be serious concerns before a program even considers letting a resident go. There's definitely no abundance of outstanding PGY2 free agents in peds, so being one worker bee short may mean screwing the other residents, messing up a tight coverage schedule, and costing the program a lot of money.

Something else to think about: Our chiefs announced that we had to come and sign our contracts by a certain date ( like 3 weeks ago, maybe?) or else they couldn't send in the appropriate paperwork to receive government funding for our salaries. I wouldn't put it past them to exaggerate in order to motivate us(we're not the most punctual group), but if not this would mean they've already decided against renewing your contract without telling you. I hope this isn't the case, that's seriously not cool.