Aug 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I just got my MCAT Scores back yesterday. It was a 507 (128,124,127,128). My previous two MCAT Scores (took it last year in June and July) were 496 (125,123,125,123) and 501(126,124,126,125). I tried to rush my MCAT second time after bombing the first one in June in order to apply last cycle, which didn't end up happening. I don't want to retake this score now and I need help selecting MD schools where I should apply. My BCPM GPA is 3.96 and all other GPA is 4.0. I just graduated from a public university in Virginia and I am currently scribing for my gap year. My primary application is verified already and all my letter should be in within a week from now. I have good EC (clinical experience, non-clinical experience, two semester research experience, Teaching assistant and so on).

I just want to apply MD as I have always wanted to MD over DO. Are my stats good enough?

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
If you are a Virginia resident apply to Eastern Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth and Virginia Tech. Other schools where you have a chance for an interview with your stats include:
West Virginia
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Vermont
It would be a good idea to apply to several DO schools and you have WVSOM, VCOM (all 3 schools), CUSOM, UP-KYCOM, PCOM and LMU-DCOM in your region. You may need a DO LOR for some schools

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
You should check with each school to see how they view multiple MCAT scores. If any of your schools average you could have a big problem with MD schools. You should research DO schools because with your MCAT score they are most appropriate.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: Goro