Help Me Speed Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwb

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took Kaplan fl #3 yesterday and the speed of it killed me. I do pretty well in Verbal and PS but it seems as though I never have enough time to finish them. What strategies do you guys use to ensure that you're on pace and not falling behind? I want to speed up but I also don't want to give up on a problem that I know I can get just because it takes to much time. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

The best way i go about finishing each section is to briefly skim the descriptive paragraphs and then answer the question. Usually in the PS or BS the descriptive paragraphs dont give too much to the questions. The only PS or BS paragraphs that i take more time reading are the ones dealing with differing hypotheses or different experiments because there is more than likely going to be a question or two concerning if something was changed or not.

I can't give you any help on verbal....i usually am crunched for time and thats because i spend more time reading the passages because the questions are going to come from what you understood of the passage...i tend not to spend more than 9 minutes per passage...more than that i can't help.

cwb said:
Just took Kaplan fl #3 yesterday and the speed of it killed me. I do pretty well in Verbal and PS but it seems as though I never have enough time to finish them. What strategies do you guys use to ensure that you're on pace and not falling behind? I want to speed up but I also don't want to give up on a problem that I know I can get just because it takes to much time. Thanks in advance.

I had to do the same thing on physical sciences. I found that there were basically two type of questions for me. The ones I could get within a minute and the other ones. So I skip the other ones. Answer all the fast ones you can, then go back. Watch your bubbling. It really works and instead of missing a large block at the end (which is going to be a mix of hard and easy questions you would have definitely gotten right, but never saw) you only miss tough questions which would have taken too much time. You might have the chance to get them anyway.