Help me understand where I stand

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RustySpitfire

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll try to keep this relatively short.

1. I never finished my undergraduate degree, so do I need to do a post-bacc after my... bacc? I had already intended to do an SMP, because...
2. My GPA is firmly anchored in the toilet, but has been rising and by the time I graduate the upward trend will look more like a hockey stick. Nevertheless, assuming I do well going forward I think my cGPA will be around 2.5 at graduation. Will an SMP be enough to overcome this? Am I adding post-bacc classes before the SMP too?
3. Despite the above, I learned through reading that technically my sGPA is (null). I don't have one because according to AMCAS's guidelines I've never taken what they consider to be a BCPM course. What does this mean for me? (This will be 4.0 once summer grades post, but the question remains the same.)

I have other questions, but these seem like a good place to start (and I'm trying to keep the neuroticism to a minimum lol).
Thanks!
 
A DIY at a local college would be fine. You should take all the science prerequisites and enough courses to raise your cGPA to 3.0 . Of course, you need to do well in the science prerequisites, Ideally, 3.5 or higher in your science courses.