Help me with Applications!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsikim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So.. I'm applying to a lot of schools this year and it is my first time applying. I understand each school requires different submissions. So here are my questions:

1. UCDavis: Are we supposed to submit GRE scores, Letter of recommendations, and the Transcript to the admissions office? That's what it says on their website unless I'm mistaken. Supplemental questions.

2. Colorado: They only require GRE scores sent to their school directly, right? Supplemental questions.

3. Auburn, Illnois, : Everything to VMCAS? No supplemental questions.

4. UGA: Everything to VMCAS? Supplemental questions but I cannot find the link?

5. WSU: Everything to VMCAS except GRE scores? Supplemental questions but I don't know when they are due (probably 10/02)?

6. SVM: Everything to VMCAS except GRE scores? No supplemental questions? (the website does not say)

7. CVM: Everything to VMCAS? Supplemental questions (Can't find it on the website)?

I thought I had everything organized but now I'm freaking out :scared: At least I have my personal statement almost finished ;) It just needs editing by my professors/vets. Anyways, It would be great to get those questions answered!! I would really appreciate it :love:

Members don't see this ad.

5. WSU: Everything to VMCAS except GRE scores? Supplemental questions but I don't know when they are due (probably 10/02)?

Correct. According to WSU's webpage (today), the supplemental application for the WIU regional program will open next Wednesday, 06-26-13. WSU has changed the opening date for its supplemental application three times since the opening of VMCAS on June 5th.

Don't forget your residency paperwork if you are IS at WSU (or any of the other schools to which you are applying). Residency paperwork should be sent directly to the IS school. Usually, there is a residency form to complete, along with supporting documentation that must also be submitted. This information should be sent to your IS institution well in advance of the application deadline.

So.. I'm applying to a lot of schools this year and it is my first time applying. I understand each school requires different submissions. So here are my questions:

1. UCDavis: Are we supposed to submit GRE scores, Letter of recommendations, and the Transcript to the admissions office? That's what it says on their website unless I'm mistaken. Supplemental questions.

2. Colorado: They only require GRE scores sent to their school directly, right? Supplemental questions.

3. Auburn, Illnois, : Everything to VMCAS? No supplemental questions.

4. UGA: Everything to VMCAS? Supplemental questions but I cannot find the link?

6. SVM: Everything to VMCAS except GRE scores? No supplemental questions? (the website does not say)

7. CVM: Everything to VMCAS? Supplemental questions (Can't find it on the website)?

I thought I had everything organized but now I'm freaking out :scared: At least I have my personal statement almost finished ;) It just needs editing by my professors/vets. Anyways, It would be great to get those questions answered!! I would really appreciate it :love:

Auburn and Illinois both have supplemental applications (or they did when I applied last year). Auburn's is mailed in and Illinois's is online.

Members don't see this ad :)
Between SDN (use the search function), the VMSAR (if you have it), and the website of each of those schools, you'll certainly find the answer to all of these questions.

I don't why I'm spoon feeding you...but here: http://www.vet.uga.edu/academic/supplemental_application

We're happy to answer questions here, but make some effort on your own, alright?

for Davis:
eLORS and transcripts are sent to VMCAS. The ETS PPi evaluations and GRE scores are sent to Davis. And the supp is just supplementary info (available mid-Oct, due Nov 1. and no fee!)

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/students/dvm_program/admissions/Admission_timeline.cfm

for Colorado:
supp questions/short answers, GRE and ETS PPi evaluations to Colorado. eLORS and transcripts sent to VMCAS.

http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/dvm-program/Pages/DVM-Application-Procedures.aspx

Btw, this might seem like a silly question but what do SVM and CVM stand for?

Last edited:
School of Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine

i looked in this thread and glanced at what OP said…. saw this and left wondering if anyone was going to say something or if I was missing something… :laugh:

Illinois has a supplemental application just so you know. It is all online, try their website

Between SDN (use the search function), the VMSAR (if you have it), and the website of each of those schools, you'll certainly find the answer to all of these questions.

I don't why I'm spoon feeding you...but here: http://www.vet.uga.edu/academic/supplemental_application

We're happy to answer questions here, but make some effort on your own, alright?

I've always been one to believe that the application process itself is part of the "test"...

I've always been one to believe that the application process itself is part of the "test"...

:thumbup: Seriously.

The VMCAS site has links to all supplementals. [Although I have had trouble with one of the links which caused me to simply Google the thing (______ vet school supplemental application). Wasn't very hard to do.]. Schools also have websites with contact info. and they generally answer you in a timely manner.

As someone who has busted their butt to get to the application phase I am kinda insulted by this thread. We're all in a very competitive situation. Problem solving is probably an important skill to hone.

The VMCAS site has links to all supplementals. [Although I have had trouble with one of the links which caused me to simply Google the thing (______ vet school supplemental application). Wasn't very hard to do.]. Schools also have websites with contact info. and they generally answer you in a timely manner.

As someone who has busted their butt to get to the application phase I am kinda insulted by this thread. We're all in a very competitive situation. Problem solving is probably an important skill to hone.

I get where you all are coming from, but don't be gunners. Remember that it's hard to get in whether or not you're competitive and don't let competition guide your actions.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I think perhaps jsikim may just be asking for a second opinion? This is complicated/confusing especially if you're applying to a lot of schools (I'm applying to about 12... though I think I should cut that down)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think perhaps jsikim may just be asking for a second opinion? This is complicated/confusing especially if you're applying to a lot of schools (I'm applying to about 12... though I think I should cut that down)

Yes, exactly. Wow, I'm very shocked at the responses (thanks to those of you who are willing to help out). Isn't this forum to help one another? I had no idea it was like this. I'm sorry if I had offended anybody.

I get where you all are coming from, but don't be gunners. Remember that it's hard to get in whether or not you're competitive and don't let competition guide your actions.

Thank you. Feel like I've been just attacked.

I really think so too. The dean of admissions at Illinois told me that every year about 100 out of 900 applicants don't complete their application correctly, so they get immediately tossed out.

Thank you. Feel like I've been just attacked.

People on these boards can be incredibly helpful but don't expect us to do the leg work for you. That's what this thread feels like. Most of your questions could be answered with an extremely simple google search. Also, don't discount straight up emailing/calling the admissions office of each school. They can be extremely helpful.

P. S. Auburn's supplemental is now online.

I highly recommend making a speadsheet with all the requirements laid out for each school. I made one for all the required courses, supplementals, test scores required, contact information, test score codes, addresses, supplemental application links and due dates, etc. etc. etc. That way I could keep track of what I had done and what I had to do for the 7 schools I applied to. I still have the spreadsheet somewhere, but it may not be applicable for this year's cycle.

anyone happen to know what the difference between "school" and "college" is??
I believe that it is called "School of Vet Med" if they only have a vet school, i.e. They are independent. "College of Vet Med" if it is part of a larger institution with a lot of other programs or "colleges". That is what I was told by an advisor. But I know that Ross and SGU also have other programs, so it's weird that they are "school" and not "college". Maybe they work as separate entities under the same name?

I believe that it is called "School of Vet Med" if they only have a vet school, i.e. They are independent. "College of Vet Med" if it is part of a larger institution with a lot of other programs or "colleges". That is what I was told by an advisor. But I know that Ross and SGU also have other programs, so it's weird that they are "school" and not "college". Maybe they work as separate entities under the same name?

UC Davis has a "School of Veterinary Medicine" even though the academic divisions within the university are called "Colleges" (e.g. college of biological sciences). I had always thought it was just whatever the institution wanted to call it when they started the school.

Last edited by a moderator: