Help needed for non trad from INdia

Started by kanu9
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kanu9

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have applied to MD school this year. I have 2 interviews,but some schools are not processing my application owinng to the fact that my undergrad is from India. Since I finihsed my education 10 years ago going through mumbai univ. for mark sheet attestation is close to imopossible. Has anybody used IERF (international educational research foundation) for their marksheet evaluation and are they accpeted at med.schools
 
I have done undergrad from India but took all the pre-req including 2 classes of English at US university. Most schools recommend or require pre-req courses and more to be taken at US college so that can compare you with other students. Thats why they are not processing your application. Evaluation helps them to see whether your degree is bachelors from US point of view. Bachelors from some country or some college may not turn out to be equivalent to bachelors from US college/university.

I have taken 93 hrs of classes.