Help! Not sure how to write this statement of research interest as a premed

Started by sloppypapi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sloppypapi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to apply for a paid position as a clinical trials research assistant and assistant coordinator. I have a year's worth of research experience as an undergrad and other work experience that is useful as a coordinator. However, the application asks for a statement of research interests, and when I look for samples and guides on how to write one, it seems to go beyond the scope of the position.
Statements of RI seem to be for PhD, post-grad, and faculty positions, right? So they go quite in depth about past/current/future research. As a premed who is interested in research but ultimately wants to practice medicine, how do I approach writing one? If my undergrad research wasn't medically relevant, how do I still express interest in the trials they have available? I have clinical experience, so is it appropriate to mention that in a SoRI?

I think what's throwing me off is that I'm unable to find examples of SoRI that suit a position like this, so if anyone knows of any, it would help me out a lot! Thanks 🙂