Help! Not sure how to write this statement of research interest as a premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sloppypapi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply for a paid position as a clinical trials research assistant and assistant coordinator. I have a year's worth of research experience as an undergrad and other work experience that is useful as a coordinator. However, the application asks for a statement of research interests, and when I look for samples and guides on how to write one, it seems to go beyond the scope of the position.
Statements of RI seem to be for PhD, post-grad, and faculty positions, right? So they go quite in depth about past/current/future research. As a premed who is interested in research but ultimately wants to practice medicine, how do I approach writing one? If my undergrad research wasn't medically relevant, how do I still express interest in the trials they have available? I have clinical experience, so is it appropriate to mention that in a SoRI?

I think what's throwing me off is that I'm unable to find examples of SoRI that suit a position like this, so if anyone knows of any, it would help me out a lot! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.